GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 08:33:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server name and password?  (Read 6222 times)

johncoxon

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • johncoxon has no influence.
    • Chickens in Envelopes
Server name and password?
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:31 am »

I did look at the Beta 4 Release Documentation but I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere, so I'm posting it here.

Tonight I put some work into finally working out how to translate a working, LAN-only server into a working, people-online-can-connect-to-it listen server, and I have succeeded (the plethora of questions asked on this forum meant I had a lot of available help!).

The post I read on the forum recommended that, instead of using the "Create Server" menu option, you should go into the console and type "map ge_xxxx" to start your game and create your server. However, when I do that, the server is called "GoldenEye Source" and there is no server password. What do I need to type into my listenserver.cfg file (or indeed, the console) to automatically set a name and password for the listen server?

Also, where should I have looked on the wiki to find this? Is there a more detailed page of server commands, or something similar? I tried using the Wiki's search box and found ge_serverpw, but when I put that into the cfg file, the console gave me an error when I created the server.

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm really loving the mod!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Server name and password?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:55:13 am »

Code: [Select]
hostname "Beta4.0.2  Fun, Fun, Funny,Fun, Fun Server"

And yes use quote on server name.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 02:01:11 am »

And for the password I think its sv_password "password"

rcon_password "password" would obviously be for rcon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:02:47 am by Proxie »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:49 am »

If your hosting the server on your pc. You don't need rcon, you just run a command.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:25:57 am »

Also if you wanna be lazy, just rename the "Server.cfg.sample" into "Listenserver.cfg" and that will set you up with the default server settings, and you can change what you want.

johncoxon

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • johncoxon has no influence.
    • Chickens in Envelopes
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:47 am »

Thanks, guys, that's really helpful. I shall implement it in the morning!
Pages: [1]   Go Up