GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:40:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should we allow dualies for weapons like the DD44, Klobb, and DK5?

Yes, but ONLY in the singleplayer campaign.
- 3 (8.1%)
Yes, but only in multiplayer.
- 2 (5.4%)
Yes, singleplayer and multiplayer!
- 29 (78.4%)
No.
- 2 (5.4%)
I've never played GoldenEye 64, I don't know what it's like...
- 0 (0%)
Did GE 64 actually have dualies?!??
- 0 (0%)
Other (post below)
- 1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dualies?  (Read 14694 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Dualies?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 12:19:36 pm »

I'd say at least Pistols and SMG's should be dualies.
Shotguns, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Rifles, Mines, Grenades, RCP90 and Laser should remain single.

Dualies could make the pistols and SMG'S a little more appealing.
Ofc. only if you know how to handle them.
If you're spamming you'll only waste twice as much ammo, but if you use them the right way, you'll have nearly twice as long ammo before you need to reload.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 06:28:46 am »

You would be wasting twice the number of bullets and the chances that you run out of ammo goes up, thus proving that Duals do not help much, but rather are just a visual "Lol I has 2 weapons XD".
I always assumed people wanted them for this reason more so than any other, since it would just make things ridiculous if it were to applied across the board. If it were to happen, I agree with Kraid, stick with pistols and light machine guns.
How long would it take to completely redo the models for any weapon not new to B4? I'm in no way suggesting start over if we cant get all the source files, just curious.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:30:37 am by Gabbo »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 09:07:32 am »

A year or more if regular work is done. Talking about 10-15 weapons even if we have the current guides already to model off. Its not the models so much as the animation issue, if we get the sources. SSL may kill us all for us wanting 10+ dual equipped.

Really, this is mute, because it won't be an implementation for the next release. Short answer, probly not anytime soon guys. This is goldeneye "bonuses", the duals, and DK mode requests we are getting..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:12:19 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up