GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 25, 2024, 12:49:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtualized Windows XP coming to Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate users  (Read 6507 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

PPK, this is actually to run XP compatible (only) apps that fail on Vista/Win 7. It is a step up from the old "compatibility options" introduced in XP so that you could run Win 2K / 98 / 95 apps (95 apps mostly won't work no matter how hard you try since most at 16-bit).

This is simply to appease those ass hole who couldn't write code to standard in the first place and don't want to spend the money/time to rewrite their shitty interfaces.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation

I've deleted my nonsense and replaced it with some proper comment now that I read it fully. Thanks for clearing that up. When it comes to programming, I am what you can call a greenhorn (I know squat about it).

It comes in handy. Better that than not being compatible at all...

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up