GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 12:50:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game modes (scenarios)  (Read 6301 times)

Snowfreak

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Snowfreak has no influence.
Game modes (scenarios)
« on: December 22, 2008, 05:27:57 pm »

Hey guys, I have two big wants left for this game personally, and that is that the hit reg (and anything else dealing with it) be fixed, and plenty of game modes be implemented.  The hit reg is supposedly great, and you don't need to lead like in the beta 1.1 version.  SO that want/worry is gone, but how about the game modes?

I want people to post there opinions on game modes that should be in the game here for ideas sake.

1.)  Hold the flag (one flag, free for all)

2.)  Capture the flag (team based, with two bases)

3.)  elimination (AKA you only live twice)....that being said i think they should have the option of you only live...X number of times lol.

4.)  Death match and team death match are already in the game.

5.)  Man with the golden gun (already implemented in Beta 3)

6.)  pop a cap was a great one in PD

7.)  hackers from PD was good

8.) other modes such as tactical, objective based modes.

I understand that odds are they wont have 20 modes in the game lol, but i figure why not talk about them.  To me, this is the most important gameplay part they need implemented.  Deathmatch can get somewhat boring after a bit, but with these modes, it provides more options and plenty of styles to allow a break from other styles.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Game modes (scenarios)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 05:43:33 pm »

Beta 3 will include the following game modes:

Deathmatch / TDM
YOLT / Team YOLT
LTK / Team LTK
Man With The Golden Gun

Along with that, with the introduction of LUA gameplay, a server can make it's own type of gameplay if they want

Awards and Achievements are independent of Gameplay and are entirely up to your performance. This enables us to introduce custom gameplays without fear of breaking our achievements and/or awards.

There are *SOME* gameplays that will be impossible to implement, even with a full feature set of LUA callbacks. This is simply because we want to ensure our game will not crash or become marred by improper coding of LUA gameplay. The default set will keep 90% of the servers happy though!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:46:03 pm by killermonkey »

Snowfreak

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:03:56 pm »

1.)  I am happy to hear other modes are being released for beta 3, and those modes are all great additions.  That being said, I am wondering / hoping that in the next beta (or final release) after that, there will be a couple more modes, such as hold the flag (the original had that) and something else that has an objective that isnt necessarily 100% focused on killing.  Is this a possibility?  If even two more modes were added like i suggested, it would make the game quite a bit more interesting for many people.

2.)  i guess i don't fully get what custom modes are? lol sorry

3.)  kind of off topic, but i was reading about how beta 3 is round based...does that mean its like counterstrike?  which could be great, but seems an odd fit for bond.

oh and one more thing.  Shouldn't LTK be an option, not a scenario?  so you could still have LTK you only live twice and so on.  Personally i dont care THAT much, because i hate LTK lol, but some people i know like it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:12:05 pm by Snowfreak »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:14:12 pm »

I will talk more about round based gameplay in my blog this week.

As for custom game modes, refer to this blog post, but I think it might be over your head: http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,2393.0.html  not something anyone has to worry about unless they are interested.

I plan on working out a capture the flag/key (http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Capture_the_Key) type gameplay and live and let die (http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Live_and_Let_Die) gameplay for the final release.

Snowfreak

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:25:03 pm »

very nice modes...that is what i mean!  Those kind of modes need to be implemented into the game.  I sure hope they are in, and of course i would like another, but i can live with those : P haha.

thanks for the info.

edit :: oh and is flag tag not possible / not going to be implemented, in GE:S?  it was called "The Living Daylights" in GE64...id love to see it : P.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:27:08 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: [1]   Go Up