GoldenEye: Source Forums

• June 26, 2024, 04:39:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing server weapon loadouts in 1.1  (Read 5069 times)

TooCrooked

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TooCrooked is looked down upon.
Changing server weapon loadouts in 1.1
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:11:32 pm »

i am aware that you can change the loadouts by going into the "maps\loadouts" directory. i am also aware of the beta tool "goldout" which allows you to create a loadout file based on the actual map file, and in turn use the custom loadout.

however, goldout only lists the following:

1=weapon_auto_shotgun
2=weapon_cougar_magnum
3=weapon_dd44
4=weapon_golden_gun
5=weapon_golden_pp7
6=weapon_kf7
7=weapon_pp7
8=weapon_proximitymine
9=weapon_remotemine
10=weapon_silver_pp7
11=weapon_sniper_rifle
12=weapon_knife_throwing
13=weapon_timedmine
14=weapon_zmg

goody. this list seems to be fairly consistent with the loadouts on my system, which are attached for reference.

however, the weapons list, when taken at face value, states that the following weapons are available minus the list above:

AR33
D5K Deutsche
Grenade
Grenade Launcher
Hunting Knife
Klobb
Moonraker Laser
Phantom
RCP90
Rocket Launcher
Slappers

ignoring slappers and the hunting knife, how can i modify the actual loadouts (not talking about using goldout either) to include the weapons that i am under the impression are already in GE:S? due to what appears to be poor documentation (in this context only), i cannot find a place that lists the actual syntax for these other presumably usable weapons. i of course ventured into the wiki, and while i found information about the weapons themselves, i did not find anything that would help me modify a server. none of the tutorials dive into this issue, and searching the forums led me to creating this post.

where are the actual configuration names? i would prefer not to guess, because it is not intuitive; some weapons that are already in the game contradict there being a uniform naming convention (e.g. "weapon_sniper_rifle" uses a different pattern than "weapon_proximitymine". (obviously, the underscores are the point here)

im hoping that the answer to this question isnt that the weapons i expect are in the game simply arent there. that would lead to a contradiction of what the wiki currently states, or at the very least, states poorly. taken at face value, that wiki article says that everything on that page is in the game.

I would seriously appreciate any help in this matter!

[attachment deleted by admin]

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: Changing server weapon loadouts in 1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 10:03:32 pm »

None of those weapons are in the game.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: Changing server weapon loadouts in 1.1
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:50:32 pm »

im hoping that the answer to this question isnt that the weapons i expect are in the game simply arent there. that would lead to a contradiction of what the wiki currently states, or at the very least, states poorly. taken at face value, that wiki article says that everything on that page is in the game.
As mookie said, the weapons above aren't in the game. You have to understand that the WIKI is completely out of date, except a few vital pages I keep up to date. Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up