GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 08:12:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:Source 1.1 Patch?!?  (Read 8036 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
GE:Source 1.1 Patch?!?
« on: December 06, 2007, 05:47:28 pm »

Hello Devs,

I was a little confused when I saw a 1.1 patch on the Lodle developer blogs...is that ok to install? Is it a virus? Why wasn't this just turned into a real patch for everyone to get to? It fixes A LOT of issues like the multifire but and server crash. Those in itself would have kept the community coming I think. Can I still join all the servers with this patch installed or will it limit me to JUST THOSE SERVERS WITH THE PATCH. Thanks

Lax

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
Re: GE:Source 1.1 Patch?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 06:18:38 pm »

Yes, it's perfectly fine to install. It was turned into a real patch for everyone to get...you can download and install it now. It's unofficial, and the install is a little different then most people are used to, but it really does improve the game. It's sort of just something to tide us over until the next official patch is released. I think once people realize that the patch is out there, and they just slowly follow the directions on installing, everything will be all good. It makes a totally new directory, so if you launch 1.1e/f - youll see servers with the 1.1 patch. If you want to see 1.0 servers, you'll have to launch 1.0. I can tell you already though, the same servers will be in 1.1 that are in 1.0...and with more slots and gameplay modes. =)

I think it's a good idea to upgrade...as you'll still be able to play on the 1.0 servers anyways.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 07:21:13 pm »

There is no virus or any thing bad in this patch at all. Why would i be a dev and turn around and harm the community i was working for?

Please if you have any other questions ask them in my blog thread.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 08:03:13 pm »

Lodle left the dev team to work on other projects.  He released this patch on his own after leaving the team, so the GES team is not affiliated with it, although some unreleased elements are in it, such as the scoreboard.  Since we don't have any involvement with lodle's patch, some stuff in the next official beta release may not match what is in lodle's patch.  That said, lodle's patch mainly has stability improvements and bug fixes and is probably safe to install.  I understand that he has made an effort to have the patch install in a way that will not conflict with current or future patches.
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 08:28:57 pm »

Sorry Lodle,

I didn't know you released it at first. I found it at Moddb and didn't really know. Not trying to make you angry buddy. :) Just wondering cause I know there some patches going around for others mods (dragonball source) that have fake patches with viruses and stuff...just didn't want that to happen to me.

Lax

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 10:09:52 pm »

Why wasn't this just turned into a real patch for everyone to get to?

You'll have to ask lodle
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 03:33:09 am »

The new things (only 2 of them) that i worked on while at ges are in this patch. I didnt go through the ges team because i felt that it would be blocked and i would lose control over it. Ill fix the client crash today.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:52:46 am by Loafie, Hero of Dreams »
Pages: [1]   Go Up