GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 11:04:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Major was bored. Creates unneeded content.  (Read 7660 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Major was bored. Creates unneeded content.
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:21:50 pm »

So yeah I was bored and found my little hacked up OG Xbox controller, so decided to play some TF2. Problems happened, solutions happened.

If anyone has a idea for video tutorial or something, I'll add to list of things to-do when bored.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:24:45 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Major was bored. Creates unneeded content.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 09:52:42 pm »

You can't crouch-walk while your Minigun is spinning, that's not a controller error.  I remember VC telling me he had GE:S running under GNU/Linux but had problems with lighting, can't remember.

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:54:25 am »

Why don't you use all the energy and create something for goldeneye source rather then a random video about absolutely nothing of interest.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:36:34 am »

Just because this is a GES forum doesn't mean that every single thing that a dev/BT has to do is GES related. Major posted in the appropriate spot and even said it was unneeded content. This is just something different. If you are going to have a cry about that, then why don't YOU do something about it and contribute to the community if YOU think it needs it.

-end rant.

Cool vid. Doesn't surprise me that it works well considering they ported the game over to xbox anyway. I just think if you are going to use a controller to play a PC game, you are going to get owned pretty bad.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »

So yeah I was bored and found my little hacked up OG Xbox controller, so decided to play some TF2. Problems happened, solutions happened.

If anyone has a idea for video tutorial or something, I'll add to list of things to-do when bored.

So tell me, does the xbox 360 run on bluetooth 2.4GHZ? I mean they don't mention anywhere, but it has either run bluetooth or there's some black magic shit going on.

You got steam running on linux? If so, how is it compare to Windows?

terps4life90

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 12:04:12 am »

I dont care for reputation because i have a sex life.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 05:05:05 am »

So tell me, does the xbox 360 run on bluetooth 2.4GHZ? I mean they don't mention anywhere, but it has either run bluetooth or there's some black magic shit going on.

You got steam running on linux? If so, how is it compare to Windows?

No idea what Bluetooth it runs. This is a original Xbox controller modded to use USB.

Runs the same as windows pretty much. Don't use Steam a whole lot as only couple games work on Linux and I don't play games really, hence using Linux in first place.

I dont care for reputation because i have a sex life.

Good one?
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 03:12:59 am »

Good job!

They just need to get all of adobe moved over and I will switch to Linux.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee
Pages: [1]   Go Up