GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 10:21:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sourcemod Plugin question  (Read 4940 times)

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Sourcemod Plugin question
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »

Hey, I have a plugin that I want Sourcemod to enable automatically when the game mode is LTK. It's the Matrixmode plugin and although it doesn't work exactly how it says it should, I love the end result and I think it would be awesome for LTK matches. I have everything set up so all I have to do is type in "mms" or "mmsad" into the console, but I would love if there's something I can put into a configuration file somewhere so that I wouldn't have to enable it manually every time.

Thanks for the help.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Sourcemod Plugin question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:45:28 pm »

Yes, most plug-ins can be enabled or disabled according to the site's documentation.  In the LTK.cfg, just put the command to enable it.  Then in server.cfg, put the command to disable it.  That way, when the server changes maps and to a new game mode, the plugin will be disabled.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:53:38 pm »

Well, how it's set up is that "mms" or "mmsad" have to be typed into the console. Other than that, I don't know how it would work. And now that I think about it, it's not a plugin. That was my mistake. It's a script that's placed in the cfg folder.

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:06:21 pm »

In that case, just put in the LTK.cfg the following commands for Afterdeath Mode: phys_pushscale -200; phys_timescale .4; sv_gravity 400
or
Matrix Mode: phys_pushscale 1000; phys_timescale .4; sv_gravity 400

Then like Troy eluded to, put the corresponding normal values (phys_pushscale 1; phys_timescale 1; sv_gravity 700) into the server.cfg so that things go back to as they were on map change. 

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »

It works for the most part. The only thing is that it lowers the gravity for the whole match rather for when a person dies. If there's nothing that can be done for that, I'll just tweak around with the settings and see what sticks. Thank you for the help.

EDIT: By leaving the gravity to default, it seems to have decent trade off. Of course, this was only tested on props so I'll have to wait for someone with about two minutes of time to waste (or more). Again, thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:44:39 pm by Ruone Delacroix »

Pages: [1]   Go Up