GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 28, 2024, 09:36:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have To Keep Re-booting My Router  (Read 10119 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Have To Keep Re-booting My Router
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:04 pm »

As the title says, it's been getting worse and worse, it was every now and then, and now I find myself doing it 4-5 times a day. Can't find a solution online, seems a lot of Talk Talk customers are having this issue but guess what? Yes... you can't get hold of them. I'm guessing it's something to do with Talk Talk, but maybe not, I don't know what to do. Does anyone else have this problem with Talk Talk recently?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Have To Keep Re-booting My Router
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:11:40 pm »

I had the same problem with a different router years ago. Solution was buy a new router, as apparently they sometimes just cripple up and need constant resuscitation.
(Or at least ours did.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:35:06 pm »

What brand/model is the router?

What your experiencing to me is mostly likely a hardware problem, probably overheating issues. Touch the top of the router, does it feel really hot? If its warm, its normal.

Did the router come with the package when you ordered the internet? Ask them for a replacement. If the company didn't provide the router, and it is yours, pick up a Linksys brand from like Newegg.com

Let us know.

Thanks and good luck.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 12:01:41 am »

The router is a "Huawei Echolife HG521"

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:49:29 am »

The router is a "Huawei Echolife HG521"

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4885/huawei.jpg

Ah, looks like Talk Talk probably issued you that router... I would contact your ISP and tell them I need to replace my router/modem.

You could pick up online, but if they can lend you something better or a similar, you can go for that too.

To me appears that many people are having issues with that brand/model you gave me. It's just some cheap company perhaps.

See if you are able to replace it at no expense.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 03:56:34 am »

A wireless D-Link should cost no more than 40$, Ain't the best brand, But should do a good job.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 04:07:50 am »

Ain't the best brand, But should do a good job.
And what is the best brand?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 04:19:25 am »

---Not the best Brands---
Dlink
belkin
ParkerVision
SMC- Never tried them, anyone here could comment if they are good

---Best router brands worth the price and high durabilty---

Cisco Linksys-some old routers are crap, unless you flash a router software called DD-WRT which turns them shit into gold.
Buffalo routers
netgear- some are very good and some are not

@markpeterjameslegg    Since your device is both router and modem, you would need to look for a device that is similar to yours.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 04:39:19 am »

I'd say Linksys.

My wireless Linksys costed like 100$, So unless he has this budget, I'd go for a D-Link since D-Link's have not deceived me too much when I had one, Only had trouble with port forwarding with a D-Link, On the other hand, Linksys never brought me problems, Just expensive.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:41:59 am by namajnaG »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 06:34:01 am »

Netgear WNR3500L

It actually slows down if you put DD-WRT on it...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »

Billion range at around 100-120$ serves me well presently.

Only issue is the net around here among an apartment zone is kinda dodgy and i get some cut off's since we share such a huge load for one street. I don't get anywhere near my (up to 24mb) service. Probly caps at around 11-14mb most times.

I really miss suburb conditions, having maybe 30 people with broadband on your block is much better than 1-2 hundred+ within an apartment ridden stretch of road.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:29:51 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:47:57 pm »

I picked up a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND not too long ago, it was a little cheaper than the buffalo and linksys stuff and reviews seemed positive enough. Worked well for me so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up