GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 01:22:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IRC for Goldeneye?  (Read 9822 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: IRC for Goldeneye?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 04:55:55 am »

lol, That makes absolutely no sense at all. IRC is ancient and a waste now. There is no point in using it. Plus, the whole system is so complicated that if the newbs aren't going to figure out how to go and use steam or the forums, they definitely aren't going to figure out IRC. F that.

yea it is pain in the ass sometimes.. some irc channels make u register and shit..

it will delete on its own. I left the channel.

i guess you can lock this thread since there's nothing else to add lol

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: IRC for Goldeneye?
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 01:20:58 pm »

IRC is established.  The only reason to not-use it is because we're handcuffed to Gabe's four-post bed, and so is the integrated Steam communication system, so it fits like a condom.

Name a single way to communicate on the internet that offers all of IRC's functionality with less overhead?  Remembering, of course, that you can establish your own IRC network on hardware that can hardly run Minesweeper without "fps lag."

Trains are slow to start, slow to stop, inconvenient to schedule, and make annoying clunky sounds, but they're established and perfected to an artform, which is why we still send huge amounts of freight by rail despite having invented rail-less carriages and mechanical birds.

"some irc channels make u register and shit.."
>mfw you realize that you registered for Steam, too.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up