GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 07:28:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Klobb - worst starting weapon.  (Read 7359 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Klobb - worst starting weapon.
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:20:08 pm »

Why is it lately that the Klobb is always the starting weapon? It's OK for those that are really good at this game and able to keep the weapons they pick up, but for an average player its infuriating because we will spend 90 percent of the game stuck with a Klobb. At least make the starting weapon a PPK so we have some chance of killing someone. Also, this weapon was never this bad in the original, yes.. it was weak, but not completely useless, it does shoot bullets after all.

deuxhero

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • deuxhero has no influence.
Re: Klobb - worst starting weapon.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:30:19 pm »

My advice: Use the knife on fellow Klobb users if the server enables it (most do in my experience).

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:36:32 pm »

It's not always the starting weapon.

The starting weapon depends on what weapons are in the weaponset. If the server is set so that you start with a gun you will start with the lowest weapon in the set. If RCP90 was set as weapon 1 in a weaponset you would start with that.

Server admins are free to configure, customize and create their own weaponsets.

Inbalance with starting weapons encourages people to play more tactically, not just running at the first person they see and trying to mindlessly kill them, but actually avoiding conflict whilst seeking out a better weapon. This is in essence what a large part of GE multiplayer was about.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:40:07 pm »

Yeah, I suppose so... I just hate that weapon, be better of chucking tomatoes.. lol

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:23:05 pm »

Klobb was moved to the starting-weapon slot on all its loadouts because otherwise Klobb was a dead spawnpoint.  Pistols gained a lot of usefulness in the transition from gamepad to mouse+key.  Starting with a pistol, not only was Klobb completely useless, but you dropped 10 bullets into its magazine automatically when you touched the first one of your inning.

This way, players must learn to use Klobb since there will be times when that is all you have, but any weapon spawns that you cross can't be any worse than what you have.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

HardcoreMango

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • HardcoreMango has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »

I don't know what people hate the Klobb so much for? I like the weapon. It may not be the most accurate, but it's saved my ass more than once

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 09:00:08 pm »

Also, this weapon was never this bad in the original
False.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 11:23:58 pm »

I don't know what people hate the Klobb so much for? I like the weapon. It may not be the most accurate, but it's saved my ass more than once
It's just not that good unless you've absolutely nothing better to fight with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up