GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:35:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: listen server  (Read 7701 times)

shotgun2yoface

listen server
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:00:28 am »

hey. just want to say this is a great mod. i enjoy it alot.
i wanted to know how to do the listen server. all i know about it is you go to create server after you launch the game. go into console mode and type sv_lan 0. after you input that, and change the level, can others who are looking to join a game be able to see you on the server list.

Thanks.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
Re: listen server
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 05:18:21 am »

yes. change sv_alltalk 1 so ppl can use mics.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:31:24 am »

lol, that was random man. That all talk command has nothing to do with what he wanted. What you expressed will work. If you just want to go in and play a game by yourself to test stuff, that will work fine. However, if you want other people to join the game, you need to make sure that all your ports are fowarded properly so the server will display within the browser. The ports are the same as for any half life 2 game or source engine game. Other than that, just make sure you don't have any firewalls or anything up preventing connections. Other than that, enjoy dude. :) Hope it works out of you.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 12:13:20 pm »

Hey, one of my noob buddies. I finally got my own server up and running last night shotty. I will write up a cave man style noob guide for you and whoever else may need it.
Also I would like to give a big thanks to everyone who helped me. In particular, Mookie, Major, and Wake. Thanks fellas for putting up with some very noob questions about stuff.

To the guys (haters) who just told me to stick to console gaming. Out of respect for the entire GES community, I wont flame on ya. Just join my server and get dealt wit. I'll send you back to Atari 2600 or DOS-BOX, LOL.

Keep up the good work DEVS.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:15:40 pm by double0killa »

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 03:28:31 pm »

If you want to start a listen server, go into your config folder and create/edit listenserver.cfg with the settings you want (hostname, sv_lan, etc.). To launch it, I'd recommend using the console, something like "maxplayers 8; map ge_facility" should do nicely and if you know how to type it's much easier than all that clicking.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up