GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 07:25:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy.  (Read 8467 times)

Wii Knight

New guy.
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:34:47 am »

Hi. I'm new to this. Does this require the emulator/modem? If it does, I have an idea about what this website is. I have read all the news and info boards, and it says your updating all of the Goldeneye stuff. Can you please explain? Please and thank you. (Oh, sorry if I posted in the wrong topic. :P)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: New guy.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:20:29 am »

Ges needs the source sdk (from valve) to run and doesnt need any emulation. So as long as you have steam, one valve source game (hl2dm, css, dods etc) with the sdk base you should be able to run it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:35:47 am by Jonathan [Spider] »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:11:52 am »

Basically the objective of this mod is (I believe) to take all of the greatness of Goldeneye 007's multiplayer, and move it over to the source engine, and give it a modern look, while still maintaining the Goldeneye feel. The team isn't actually using any content directly off the Goldeneye cartridge, instead remaking the game entirely from scratch (but using the original Goldeneye 007 as a reference), including the textures, maps, models, weapons, sounds, and music, a in source.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wii Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:22:35 am »

Oh, because I just wanted to play normal Goldeneye online with some people. I don't mind any changes, like stage and gun upgrades. Unless you don't do that here, I am sorry I wasted your time. :)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:14:33 am »

If you want to play regular Goldeneye 007 online, it's possible, and very fun (however it takes a while to set up, and a few tries to get it right). I used to play this with my buddies before we got into Goldeneye: Source.

http://goldeneyeonline.com/

Wii Knight

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:57 pm »

Is there a forum for this? :)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:39:33 pm »

Uh... as far as I know, there aren't any official forums on the site, but if you want to get in contact with other people who are interested in playing Goldeneye Online, you can join the NGPA (National Goldeneye Players Association), and you'll get connected to other players through MSN, and take part in tournaments, or just play for fun.

http://goldeneyeonline.com/goldeneye_xbla_n64.php
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:24:48 pm by The SSL »

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:27:09 pm »

I thought the forums were here: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewforum.php?f=33
Not "official", but still a good place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up