GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 08:59:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Map Pack  (Read 59045 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Community Map Pack
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2014, 06:57:49 pm »

Zoomed in version...

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2014, 07:43:36 pm »

Zoomed in version...

There is something strange about the jacket texture where it meets the white shirt, it looks too straight. I have to agree with KM, I personally liked the first watch model better. Something about this one doesn't have me convinced the watch is actually sitting on the wrist, it might be the difference between the watch and the skin texture, or the shading on the watch, I'm not sure.

Great work though, I really like this idea as a menu screen
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2014, 07:49:09 pm »

Just to let you all know, despite everything else I've been doing the Map Pack is still in swing...

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »

Everyone seems to like the old watch better, problem is it looks nothing like the Goldeneye watch, so I made some alterations. This is still work in progress...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:38:02 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2014, 11:50:05 pm »

Had some issues concerning drop shadow effect on the inner rim of the watch. On the one hand it gave a good depth effect to the display, but only on the top which left it looking like there was depth on the upper face, and none on the lower... With no way to create a centered drop shadow I had to improvise, so I created a pure black rim, blurred the inner edge and applied opacity and placed the layer under the watch layer to apply a sense of depth to the whole watch face. Anyway, this is how it looks so far...

The hands could be animated and set to your PC time, that plus the animated scanline effect from Goldeneye 64 would be awesome.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:57:49 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2014, 12:40:41 am »

All assets used, everything else done in Photoshop...

EDIT: Well actually, the black rim was created in Photoshop as well, I just wanted to fill the gap :)

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2014, 01:16:38 am »

Had some issues concerning drop shadow effect on the inner rim of the watch. On the one hand it gave a good depth effect to the display, but only on the top which left it looking like there was depth on the upper face, and none on the lower... With no way to create a centered drop shadow I had to improvise, so I created a pure black rim, blurred the inner edge and applied opacity and placed the layer under the watch layer to apply a sense of depth to the whole watch face. Anyway, this is how it looks so far...

The hands could be animated and set to your PC time, that plus the animated scanline effect from Goldeneye 64 would be awesome.

Something I just noticed, look at the skin on the left of the watch, and then on the right. The curvature of the wrist between both sides of the watch doesn't seem to line up. Perhaps the hand needs to be enlarged slightly? The face of the watch seems very large compared to the hand area.

I could be wrong, maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:18:33 am by Torn »
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:09 am »

Your absolutely right Torn, as you'll see in my later versions of the other watch (The one nobody liked) I fixed this. In this old version I still haven't got round to sorting that yet, this is still work in progress. I intend to do a slightly zoomed out version during which I'll fix the arm and sleeve :)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48:23 am »

Fixed some lighting that didn't match the scene and lowered the opacity of the inner shadow on the watch face...

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59:59 am »

Hand now matches proportions of the wrist, it was due to the angle at which the photo was taken...

Next job, curve the suit sleeve :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:23:16 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2014, 12:58:58 pm »

Separated shirt and sleeve to create a slight curve on the suit. Oh... And I've placed the Royal Crest beneath the watch hands...

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:29:59 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »

The watch is far to big compared to the hand/arm.
Either the arm needs to be scaled up or the watch to be scaled down a bit.

The watch looks better now, only the outer frame is still kinda artificial.
Try adding some brushed metal look there too.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2014, 03:02:49 pm »

The watch is far to big compared to the hand/arm.
Either the arm needs to be scaled up or the watch to be scaled down a bit.

The watch looks better now, only the outer frame is still kinda artificial.
Try adding some brushed metal look there too.

I can try zooming out a bit, don't want to zoom in, zooming out would require me to add a strap to the watch... I'll look into it.

As for adding a brushed metal look to the outer rim, I wouldn't know how LOL... Anyway, none of the Seamaster's watches have a brushed metal look on the outer rim, it's more of a chrome effect :)

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:11:31 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2014, 12:04:46 am »

Ok... I have spent hour upon hour rebuilding this watch from scratch, fixing shadows & lighting, removing black lines and smoothing edges etc etc... My girlfriend isn't speaking to me, my little boy didn't want to give me a cuddle goodnight, I'm pretty sure I've gained a few grey hairs since this morning and I've drunk so much tea that the Tetley Tea Folk are now gonna have to do overtime to meet with the demands of their customers. This is the newer, cleaner, smoother lined watch...

God I hope you like it :)

EDIT: Oh... And it's not finished yet, still lots to do :)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2014, 02:22:30 am »

Much much much better! Well worth a couple cold shoulders ????
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up