GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:04:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion  (Read 55414 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:34 pm »

Hey guys, your local programmer here. Now that you've had some time to play Beta 3 and earn yourself some achievements, I want your feedback:

1. Overall, how hard are achievements to get? Do you think they should take longer or be consistently average difficulty (for most)?

2. Did anyone get Klobbering Time (Agent) yet??

3. Has anyone gotten Octopussy?

4. What are your thoughts regarding achievements, do they make you want to play more?

5. If you were to make a new achievement, what would it be (be realistic and you can build off the current ones like the leveled weapons)

Please keep your discussion to these topics or risk deletion, thanks!

>>>>> http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta3_achievements <<<<<<
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 05:25:46 pm by killermonkey »

[GoldenGirls]Bea Arthur

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • [GoldenGirls]Bea Arthur has no influence.
Re: OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:06:50 pm »

Hahaha, I love the achievements actually, and they were well thought out.

I don't really think they're too hard to get, unless you're talking about Goldfingered or Silent Assassin, but of course I believe those are meant to be much more difficult. I also like the shocker you guys decided to use as an icon.

All in all, though I can only speak for myself, the achievements are rewarding, and I think the game is plenty fun without the achievements, though I love knowing that I have killed 500 people over all, or that I have killed 200 with flying remote mines, etc... It really adds a new depth to the gameplay.

See you guys on GE:S!

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »

2. Did anyone get Klobbering Time (Agent) yet??
Yes I think I have seen it pop up.

4. What are your thoughts regarding achievements, do they make you want to play more?
Awesome! They don't realy in itself are the motivation for playing, but they surely make it a lot more fun :)

I have nothing to add to the rest of the points because I don't know what achievements there are and I don't know where the achievements are listed yet, but I haven't looked for them either. They pop up occaisionaly and I'm like "Hey, haven't seen that one  before :). Nice ^^"

EDIT: removed a tag
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 05:56:10 pm by V!NCENT »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 05:27:47 pm »

The current achievements are a nice bunch. I've gotten quite a few, but not Octopussy yet; I haven't been playing much lately, to be honest, because I'm still waiting for Doc.NO to get the WN servers (where I usually play) running smoothly and without much hassle, like the bloody random weapon spawns.

I think they'll not make you play more, because you'll play a lot of GE:S without needing achievements, although they will make you play differently, such as in the Klobbering Time. They are a nice addition to gameplay; let's hope that achievement-only servers don't pop up like weed because the fun of actually earning your achievements is what really makes up for them.

Meanwhile, I'd like to leave some soem ideas for achievementsthat I think are plausible and that won't ruin gameplay:
Russian Roulette - kill X enemies with the Cougar Magnum while having only one bullet left in the drum.
Bomb Squad - deactivate X proximity mines with the Tazer. (if it will behave like you are planning to; an alt-fire feature that disables or incapacitates proxies).

One question before I finish this post: will the achievements thread still be open? I recall there were a lot of achievement ideas posted there.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 06:03:25 pm »

All the ideas I liked and were plausable have been written down. Thanks!

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 06:06:02 pm »

All the ideas I liked and were plausable have been written down. Thanks!

That's good to know. Will we get to know the list of achievements for the next release before it comes out or will it be a surprise?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »

Ill post them when I code them in tomorrow. Right now I have around 10 more lined up for Beta 3.1

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »

I think achievements are pretty good, almost could be harder, maybe 50,125,200 for weapons(well except Klobb)

Quick idea before work:

Mayday!,Mayday! : as mayday, die from a fall more then 50'. 5 Times.

Maydays' my ruca.

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:43 pm »

Mayday!,Mayday! : as mayday, die from a fall more then 50'. 5 Times.

Maydays' my ruca.

That's a good one. although a bit suicidal. It's good for Cradle though.

Ill post them when I code them in tomorrow. Right now I have around 10 more lined up for Beta 3.1

Thnaks. I'd like to see if any of the ones I proposed were selected ::).

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »

I feel that some of the achievements are a little easy to get, but that's ok for me. Some should be harder than others to get (like Klobbering Time). My main suggestion, would be to add a 007 achievement for all the weapons. Because after awhile, getting a total of 300 kills for all three levels doesn't seem like a lot. Having a 007 status achievement would show that you've really mastered a weapon. I'd say 500 kills for each. I know that's a bit much for weapons like the throwing knife or the klobb, but it's meant to take a long time to get.

Now, achievement ideas I thought of for each weapon (if they haven't been done yet)

Slapped Silly: Kill X amount of people with slappers

Back Stabber: Kill X amount of people with throwing knife/hunting knife

Destovei Destruction: Kill X amount of people with the DD44

Pencil Loader: Kill X amount of people with the KF7 Soviet

ZOMG!: Kill X amount of people with ZMG/ZMG Silenced

Shotgun Surprise: Kill X amount of people with Shotgun/Auto Shotgun

AuGmentation: Kill X amount of people with Golden Gun

And for future release

Noobraker: Kill X amount of people with MoonRaker Laser

Tased and Confused: Kill X amount of people with Taser Boy

Feel free to discuss those.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:06:47 pm »

^^Those look good ;). One suggestion I give (not to you, to everyone including myself) is to try and come up with ones that don't revolve in getting as much kills as you can with one weapon, or doing unusual things with the weapons.

Do you still can detonate the remote mines you laid before you die? If so, here goes another one.

Leftovers - kill X people with remote mines left to detonate after you die.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 07:11:29 pm »

I understand what you mean, PPK. I just figured I'd pitch names for the rest of the weapons and leave the better achievement brainstorming for the rest of you.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 07:14:42 pm »

Yes, Ruone, those a pretty good. I specially like the Pencil Loader and the Noobraker ones. ;)

There has to be one of those for each weapon, but after they are completed, we'll have to pass to the more unusual kind.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 07:31:27 pm »

DK Mode - Get X amount of Head Shots.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »

DK Mode

That should be included, like the paintball mode, which is already in, as well as the Tiny Bond, or Tiny Characters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up