GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:13:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] Entropy-Soldier's Project Depository  (Read 21023 times)

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
[Level] Entropy-Soldier's Project Depository
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:12:10 pm »

After producing a great deal of content for GE:S, i suddenly became keen that a portion of the community had yet to come into contact with any of it!  I had never been one to assign a great deal of reverence to official releases, especially when it's so easy to just hand over the completed work to a few of my good friends and be playing it the same day, but in the absence of an official release this holiday break, I’m compelled to put together...

Extra-Special Release of an Extensive-Selection of Maps and Gamemodes!

A good deal of this stuff has already been floating around the mod in some form, but it seems some sub-communities have yet to acquire most of it so here you go:

Maps:

ge_desert_temple:

Latest Version: a3

Taking a lot of inspiration from the perfect dark version of temple, Desert Temple seeks to correct all of the issues with other incarnations of the Temple environment.  Balanced gameplay and decent visuals, both previously unheard of for Temple, await anyone who discards temple_classic forever in favor of this map!

Download Here

ge_dessert_temple:

Who could have thought 1 extra letter could have such impact?  Features the Super Power Slot Machine, which can yield a variety of game-changing effects!

Download Here

ge_pipes:

Latest Version: a1

A multiplayer map from perfect dark with a bit of creative revision.  Lots of vertical combat, along with a dangerous lava pit!

Download Here

ge_void:

Latest Version: a1

A surreal environment composed of colored panels.  Lots of dangerous pitfalls and other interesting map dynamics are included for players to take advantage of.

Download Here

ge_lunar_cradle:

Latest Version: n/a

Cradle on the moon.  The star field is a bit ridiculous.

Download Here

rj_tower:

Thanks, Mangley, for the textures!

Rocket jump to the top of the tower.  Good luck!

For use with the rocket jumping gamemode.

Download Here

rj_void:

A more forgiving, but also more difficult, rocket jumping map.  Navigate to the end for a boosted feeling of self-worth!  No-one but myself has beaten this yet.  Will you be the first?

Download Here

mv_strait:

An extensive and elaborate obstacle course map.  Includes a main course composed of 5 sections with 8 checkpoints, a bonus area with 10 challenges, and 5 secret challenge areas.  Designed to teach more agile movement along with educating players in the various movement tricks like wallstrafing, circle jumping, and airstrafing.  Have fun!

Can be run with any gamemode, but Dr.No Damage is recommended for server play.

Download Here

Hall of Fame:

- namajnaG, most of main course (a1)

Gamemodes:

Dr.No Health:

Each player spawns with an empty health gauge and a full armor gauge.  All health damage is translated into armor damage, and a player dies once their armor points hit zero.  Armor pickups are also restricted; you must get a specified amount of kills after collecting a vest before you can collect another (default is 1).  This mode functions as a more palatable alternative to Dr.No Armor: armor camping doesn't provide invincibility to a competent player, but the armor's presence allows players to actually survive multiple confrontations each life.

Download Here

Dr.No Damage:

Nothing short of 10000 damage will injure a player.  Not intended for standard play, but rather for the occasions when players are not meant to attack one-another.

Discontinued

Rocket Jumping:

Players are provided with limitless amounts of rockets, and a rocket launcher to use them.  Invulnerability to most types of damage compliments this, so everyone is free to rocket jump around the map as they choose!  Mostly designed for rocket jumping maps, but it has utility in other scenarios as well.

Download Here

Warp Module:

Press g to teleport between dimensions!  For use exclusively with wm_ maps.

To Be Updated

I have a few more creations that aren't listed here as i feel they are not yet ready for a full release.  Help us test them on the 1138 and Traitor's Gate servers!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:11:36 pm by Entropy-Soldier »
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
Re: Entropy-Soldier's Project Depository
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Thanks for compiling these. Now I can put up Dr. No Health onto TG.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »

Great to see all of your stuff into one place!

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »

I am a major fan of your Desert Temple map, it's one of my favorites, so glad you put a link up for it. Haven't tried the others, but I will now, thanks a lot. ;)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:54 pm »

E-S is just a god.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 11:50:08 pm »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 01:30:22 am »

The Maps look fantastic Entropy-Soldier
The New Temple map looks bigger than it previously was (and Desert Temple was already visually striking) and the icecream version of it looks really fun

ge_pipes looks like fun- especially with a larva pit

ge_void reminds me of a Halo 2 Map Assembly (i think it was called that) or parts of the Kejim base from Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast (and thats a good thing :)

the rocket jump maps look like fun (having seen a lot of vids on youtube of players trying to get up the top) personally i havent tried it but i look forward to doing it eventually

mv_strait looks very interesting..cant wait to give it a spin

Quick question though: Are these maps Bot Friendly? (or Bot Avalible to be precise)

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 01:55:17 am »

Pipes, and the desert temple variants support bots.  Void cannot, however, due to the various dynamic contraptions being a point of befuddlement for the bots.

The warp module maps -can- support bots. However I've yet to code up a warp-module AI, so they get constrained to one dimension. 

Everything else, of course, would not benefit from bots and as such they are not set up on those maps.

On a somewhat related side note, if anyone records a video of them beating one of the rj_ or mv_ maps with default settings, I'll include a link to the video on the main post!

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:42:44 am »

I've played through mv_strait just now, And have reached the 8th checkpoint.
I've tried longjumping for so long, But the longest I ever did was 241 units, (In kzfr_longjump for CS 1.6) I was never able to do it again, I don't know why, So I'm stuck there.

Had a lot of fun though!

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:39 am »

Lets not forget that E-S and I produce events for these maps and other various setups once a month in our GE:S Events Steam Group.  If you haven't joined it already, you are welcome to do so.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gesevents
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:02:22 am by killermonkey »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 04:02:03 am »

Great stuff E-S.
I've seen lots of them on the servers allready but some like the dessert temple are new to me, too.
I'll check them out for sure.

liamcadhain

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 08:12:00 am »

Nice one E-S, handy to have all your GE:S content in the one place for sure. I recall seeing a few screenshots for some of the maps on Steam before and wanted to try out that dessert temple one. It looks delicious, haha

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »

will Lunar Cradle also be avalible i remember playing that and it was a riot

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 03:58:18 pm »

Just a heads up - two of the music files provided with Dessert Temple are .wma instead of .mp3, which doesn't match what's in the music script. I converted them on my end, since I'm not sure if .wma plays nice with Source.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »

Arrg, thought i addressed that, but i guess i didn't upload the correct package.

Should be fixed now, thanks!

namajnaG

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 08:10:13 pm »

Even though I can't get past the last checkpoint, I decided to make a playthrough video of mv_strait's main course, If anybody would like to watch it, Here's the link.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 11:05:16 pm »

Awesome!!!

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:40 am »

Very nice run!

Circle jumping can be tough, and it's something i occasionally have a bit of difficulty with as well.  That's why it's at the end of the course!  I find that successful circle jumps are done with a sort of quick airstrafe on the ground right before jumping.

Sadly, though, watching the video showed me that i linked to the wrong version of the map :/  Mostly visual changes, though, so it doesn't invalidate the run.  The only real tangible modifications concerned the bonus jumps and the last airstrafing bit, along with the addition of a few more info signs.

If anyone was stuck on the airstrafing section, this new version might help out quite a bit!

Sadly, the final jumps remain the same.  Can't make circle jumping any easier!

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31:16 pm »

Fixed all the links and added ge_lunar_cradle.

Sorry for the downtime!

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 04:54:08 am »

Good job.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:36 pm »

Now that these maps have been out a while, I'm looking to make some updates for the next version of GE:S.  If anyone has any suggestions or bug reports, I'd love to hear them!

Rick Astley

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 12:38:37 am »

id love to see bot support on these maps

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 04:12:31 am »

Your ge void map is EPIC  It's like a super mario bros map in 3D with amazing lifts and texture work. One of my favs in the strange zone   ;) 
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up