GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:09:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source v4.1 [Release]  (Read 19252 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
GoldenEye: Source v4.1 [Release]
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:48:55 am »

Hey loyal fans and friends,

December 11th, 2010

Starting now, is GoldenEye: Source v4.1's era!

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/goldeneye-source-v4-1-full-t4821141.html
[seed this to help new players download it fast! Lets get this gravy train to the moon and back]

ModDB.com [ v4.1 FULL | EXE ]

Mirrors:
Jestgameservers.com [ v4.1 FULL | EXE ]
All Nighters GE:S [ v4.1 FULL | EXE ]
Mod Champions GE:S [ v4.1 FULL | EXE ]

=======================

ModDB.com [ v4.1 SERVER | ZIP ]
OWS Server mirror [ v4.1 SERVER | ZIP ]

Goldeneye source v4.1 includes ;
  • 22 maps [revisioned and classic] including several custom
  • 11 characters [6 janus, 5 mi6]
  • 8 game-modes + teamplay combination
  • 80 Achievements
  • Help displays and the most in-depth VGUI yet
  • Python for custom scripting
  • Over 50 music tracks from 3 talented artists
  • Fully customizable servers [with varying config dynamics]

[Official UK server provider]
ClicknKill.com - Lee got in contact with us interested in providing some servers under an official banner. These guys have a near monopoly on great and cheap servers that host GE:S out of the UK. They are proving three servers for us, and you could even rent yourself from 35p/slot and we are glad to have them representing our mod with quad core powered servers to experience with our new release. Support them by playing in the official servers and looking into renting a server yourself, to support us!

With ClicknKill, you can easily order up a UK server with just a few clicks. Many of our community already go to them in the past year or more, for their great deals and good support for Goldeneye: Source. Hell, you and your friends can split the bill, and the fun, with v4.1 on ClicknKill server hosting!

[Official U.S Server provider]
Wakkaservers.com - Walker expressed a straight up offer of 6 servers to donate to our latest release of GoldenEye: Source. Big thanks to the guys at Wakka. Looks like they will be our Official U.S server provider for December if not beyond, and the community should see some great configurations and conditions directly from the team. We hope to show you the full range of GE:S fun, with each server to be vastly tailored over the weekend period.

These 6 servers will run a variety of modes and combinations to show off what the mod can do. Server hosts will no doubt be interested to check out what we do, and we'll be certain to make some posts in the coming days and weeks giving hints to how we setup our officials, and get the most out of the mod.

Thanks to all of those who contacted us regarding the server pre-load. Members of our support staff, such as our Beta Testers, are now actively seeking to spread the server package to various servers that are currently running Beta 4. If you don’t see some of your favorite servers in the next couple of days, they might be upgrading to v4.1!

We give thanks to these contributors who answered the call to actively support our v4.1 release, the most complete GoldenEye: Source experience yet!

<mookie@gamerscoalition.com> "mookie"
Gamerscoalition.com - Mookie, a representative of GamersCoalition, has always hosted our mod and will continue with a Chicago based installment on the way for v4.1. Mookie is also a long standing and dedicated community member, not just a provider of servers.

<scubasteve192@hotmail.com> "Steve Cunningham"
Steve requested we throw him a bone with the v4.1 download, so he and his clan mates could get into some fun on release day. We are not sure which server he represents but we trust he is having some fun as we speak!

<d.sinitiere@gmail.com> "Devin Sinitiere"
Devin is an independent provider who hosts 'events' for popular mods, and expressed an interest in gathering some friends via online communities for the release night and continuing the trend. We love to see this type of initiative. "I plan to hold one of these invitation style events and possibly kick off the new release with a bang by having a server going for it instead of having to rely on others." Top stuff, Devin!

Of course there is also our tried and true providers whom we always fast-track our files to, and appreciate their dedication and generosity. The clans and communities that have given you, the playing community, so much of themselves over the years. Thank you.
  • WNx ; Hosting multiple servers with the premier GE:S stat system  [Visit them]
  • OWS ; Providing fun and a lot of activity, and having their own stats during beta 4 [Visit them]
  • [E-S-S] ; The "Rave shack" has been a big hit in the community.
  • Jest Servers ; A staple in the U.S and other locations for GE:S, these guys cater to community servers, renting for good prices. [Visit them]

If you are interested seeing even more available servers hosting our mod, get in touch with any provider you know and tell them they ought to know GE:S is out there with a prime example of what modding entertainment is all about. Pass this email address along with our server download links, to make a difference to your server climate, today - Official email contact for server info. Aside from the above list, there are a few lagging behind and we ask you be patient. This is a screen showing we still had players in beta 4 who simply couldn't wait, just 12 hours before release:

Spread the word across the web about this news release and that we are having another big party tonight, which will see many developers involved. It's to be hosted in our GE:S Group Steam Chat at 5pm U.S (east) until late.

Plus, don't forget once you've played v4.1 we'd love to get your verdict on whether we are your Mod of the Year. Head to the page to vote or just comment on our ModDB profile if you've already voted! Remind the friends you drag in-game this weekend about their opportunity to support us in the MOTY awards, too!

GE:S Facebook Page
v4.1 Changelist Details
GoldenEye: Source Wiki
GE:S Youtube Page

>Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:53:29 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
Re: GoldenEye: Source v4.1 [Release]
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:20:07 pm »

wow, this just popped to the top of reddit like a bottle rocket. Excellent news!! Lets all play a couple of rounds on christmas eve.

deathVIAavatar

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 02:00:36 pm »

Yeah, I just saw this pop up on n4g.com, and had been a fan of previous versions. DLing it now. Now that the mod is out of beta, I'm hoping a more die hard community forms up to keep it going. Mod servers seem to die out after about 2 months lately. Don't want that for this. So, everyone get on it and DL and play! >.<

p.s. Wake[of]theBunt, impressive name. HORSEtheBand ftw. R. Borlax for life.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:51:40 pm »

Yeah, I just saw this pop up on n4g.com, and had been a fan of previous versions. DLing it now. Now that the mod is out of beta, I'm hoping a more die hard community forms up to keep it going. Mod servers seem to die out after about 2 months lately. Don't want that for this. So, everyone get on it and DL and play! >.<

p.s. Wake[of]theBunt, impressive name. HORSEtheBand ftw. R. Borlax for life.

Hell yea! Lord Gold wants to get his GoldenEye: Source on!! Gold, Lord Gold..get it :P

That's actually why I named myself this for the GE:S community back in dec 05. In honor of lord gold.

I have to say we seem to be a buzz with downloads and interest, and likely because its out of beta people will give it more time playing. That hardcore fanbase existed already, we just hope for a BIGGER one capable of housing hundreds of players in every region throughout the 24 hour cycle :)

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/goldeneye-source-v4-1-full-t4821141.html
[seed this to help new players download it fast! Lets get this gravy train to the moon and back]

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 10:59:56 pm »

And for those of you with Demonoid accounts: http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2487354/4826048/

Seed please!

synty

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • synty has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:40:53 pm »

I have been afk for so long, did u guys end up getting the source files for the t55 tank?  i gave em to klinky

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:30 am »

Yep, they got cleaned up and put ingame.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 05:24:22 am »

This is the Fastest mirror I have tested so far

http://www.filefront.com/17633145/GoldenEye_Source_v4.1_full.1.exe/
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 05:27:45 am »

http://wcservers.net/Goldeneye/GoldenEye_Source_v4.1_full.exe

That was rocking on launch day, more people, faster it went. 50 people all at once and still 2mb+ download speed.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 09:54:40 pm »

What happened to ge_desert_temple? It was mentioned in a news post, but you guys never mentioned it again like you said you were going to and I haven't seen any server running it.

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 10:28:12 pm »

The TG server has it. Keep your eyes peeled.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 11:32:38 pm »

wow, this just popped to the top of reddit like a bottle rocket. Excellent news!! Lets all play a couple of rounds on christmas eve.
The first thing that went through my mind was *Check the date on this post*... then... *oh wait you're not dead :o*

:P

ChronoSKitz

• A portal
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChronoSKitz has no influence.
    • Chronetic
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 06:25:09 am »

Hey 4.1 is out yay!

I can't play it because my graphics card decided to eat itself but, Yay, Non-the-less.

Hopefully I can replace it soon and play again.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up