GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:46:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do WNx servers have that thing?  (Read 4921 times)

Data-Viscoan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Data-Viscoan has no influence.
How do WNx servers have that thing?
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:11:48 am »

How do WNx servers have that thing where it usually says Welcome to Goldeneye Source 4.1 Instead they have the steam avatars of the top players on that specific level. How is it accomplished?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: How do WNx servers have that thing?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:13 am »

WNx uses a stats system that other servers does not use, And all stats can be found at www.ges-stats.com
I hardly believe you can use this plugin. I do believe there is a ranking plugin but you can't see the top 3 players of the day, Nor merge your server's stats with WNx ones.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to but here is my best explanation:

motdfile holds the name of a file that will be displayed in the in-game browser when you join. You can put anything you want in there as far as HTML, and if you want you could probably redirect or use a frame to get to a page on a real webserver that can do any kind of lookup you want, like lookup the top players from your stats system and get their Steam avatars from Steam.

I expect SM also has a feature to let players open pages (any URL) in the in-game browser with a chat trigger (Mani certainly does); you may find that information useful. It's probably called chat trigger or web shortcut or something along those lines. "chattriggers" itself I believe covers things like "nextmap" etc., although it might include this functionality as well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:50:24 pm by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Data-Viscoan

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:33 pm »

Thanks that was really helpful. I was wondering as a final question from me. I have successfully set up HLstatsX Community Edition but it doesn't show who killed who and how many points they get for doing it like WNx servers do. Wondering if it was possible to get that working on mine?

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 02:25:36 am »

I'm not sure what you mean about who killed who, but usually if your stats system has the RCON password for the server it will send various spam and hint boxes to players on the server. I expect you can change the verbosity of HLStatsX from within its admin panel, although you may have to search around between the stats system config, server config, and the game config.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Data-Viscoan

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:35:45 pm »

I mean it says stuff like:
"[DATA]-Viscoan got 1 points for killing ------------

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:03:45 pm »

The text that pops up should be coming into the server via RCON from the stats system. Some of the notices may require a particular admin plugin on the server, or just for you to name the command to display them. For example, with Mani, you have to go into HLX and specify that to do whatever, the command is ma_hlx_whatever. I believe most of that is under the server config (click on configure towards the right side) in HLStatsX.

Typing something like "cvarlist ma_hlx" or "cvarlist sm_hlx" in the server console may give you a listing of what's available. With SM you almost certainly need some plugin, although it may be installed already by default.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:05:56 pm by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up