GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:03:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hldsupdatetool no longer working, how to install server using SteamCMD?  (Read 26984 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Hldsupdatetool no longer working, how to install server using SteamCMD?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 02:34:35 am »

I have the same problem.  SRCDS is crashing on startup.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Govik_420

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Govik_420 has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 12:03:58 pm »

Mine crashes a few times every now and then on startup, but then it starts up and stays up. so the issue seems "superficial" but I may be wrong.

If you could take a look at my dump files to see if it's the same issue DarkFlame is having that would be awesome.

http://goviksrealm.net/downloads/srcdsdumps/

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

Thanks govik, i will take a look :)

I'd like to customise weapon sets or disable certain 'no skill' weapons like proximity mines etc, also how does one enable team death match mode?

I've looked in the game play mode config and there is no mention of the word 'team' in there.

Death Match is in there twice but i've played my server for a good few hours with 10+ people and team death match never activated.

As for weapon sets you can specify a specific weapon set with "ge_weaponset desired_weaponset" also in gesource/scripts/ it has the files for the weapon sets looks like you can even create your own. also in gesource/scripts/loadouts/ it seems that is were you can define weaponsets for specific modes. Not sure if it only allows these weapon sets in those modes or allows those in addition to the other sets as a way of adding specific weapon sets to certain game modes again on top of all the other ones. maybe someone could elaborate.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »

Mine crashes a few times every now and then on startup, but then it starts up and stays up. so the issue seems "superficial" but I may be wrong.

If you could take a look at my dump files to see if it's the same issue DarkFlame is having that would be awesome.

http://goviksrealm.net/downloads/srcdsdumps/

You have a mix of the tier_0.dll crash and a crash on exit having to do with Steam, which doesn't count since you are exiting anyway.

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:12 pm »

You have a mix of the tier_0.dll crash and a crash on exit having to do with Steam, which doesn't count since you are exiting anyway.

Thanks for checking. Yeah the crash on exit is when I quit or _restart as you stated so the whole thing seems superficial since once it's up it stays up. Cool beans

Darkflame

• Agent
  • Darkflame has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:00 am »

My server just won't stay working anymore, crashes out all the time now.

Is there know problems with the game and Windows Server 2008?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 01:17:20 pm »

Do you have crash dumps for when it crashes while in-game?

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 01:39:25 pm »

Do you have crash dumps for when it crashes while in-game?

Here you go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9j6nix

It's probably the same errors as last time but last time it was only crashing when i started the server up, not during game.

Cheers again.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 05:04:46 pm »

They are all the tier_0.dll crash... something is not right with the orangebox files :-/

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »

They are all the tier_0.dll crash... something is not right with the orangebox files :-/

Well i must say this has been the most difficult game server to setup so far, lol

I followed the wiki as best as i could.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:12 pm »

Have you setup any other orangebox based mods?

I want to try to narrow down if this is really a GES issue, we do have a ton of interfaces (Python, Boost, Curl) but they are all internally loaded so there shouldn't be any dependencies.

Intermittent crashes, especially those emanating from external DLLs, leads me to believe it is concurrency issues (thread overwrites) or it could be randomly triggered pointer errors (DLL was updated but the interface to it was not).

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 07:47:47 am »

Thanks for the assistance.

Goldeneye is the only game i've setup on the server and i haven't installed any mods yet.

Maybe the orange box files downloaded from Steam for Windows are still not 100%?

If i do a directory file listing of the orangebox folder, maybe you could double check all the files are there and none missng?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:32:36 am by Darkflame »

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 07:23:00 am »

Have you setup any other orangebox based mods?

I want to try to narrow down if this is really a GES issue, we do have a ton of interfaces (Python, Boost, Curl) but they are all internally loaded so there shouldn't be any dependencies.

Intermittent crashes, especially those emanating from external DLLs, leads me to believe it is concurrency issues (thread overwrites) or it could be randomly triggered pointer errors (DLL was updated but the interface to it was not).

If you have any suggested mods I can try this and see if we get the same crashing. although mine tends to stay up once it's going. it's only at startup that it crashes once or twice then stays up.

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:23 am »

Just to update.

I installed Goldeneye from scratch on another server and i'm getting the exact same crashes.

I followed the install guide from the wiki to the letter.

The only common denominator between both my installations is the OS, Server 2008 standard.

I'm going to try Linux next.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:44:45 am by Darkflame »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up