GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 10:16:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Aiming Accuracy  (Read 10458 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Aiming Accuracy
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:06 pm »

I have a suggestion, I was thinking that the aim feature could make the weapons more accurate than it currently does, I'm thinking it could balance out gameplay a bit more for noobs and maybe lessen the amount of bitchin about the mechanics, there's also the added advantage of keeping the players. I think most of the hardcore players don't bother with it anyway because they don't need it, but noobs would benefit immensely from a little more accuracy in aiming. I did some testing a little while back shooting a wall from distance with a few guns, one with aim and one without and sometimes you can't even tell the difference in the spread. What do you guys think?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Aiming Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »

Speaking personally as a player with lag concern in most server conditions I would use aimmode if it gave -say- 10% better accuracy cone than it does now.

However, VC handles these matters and already believes the accuracy bonus is optimally balanced. At least last I got up to speed on his posts and decisions that was the case. He has tweaked before when being inspired and/or convinced an opportunity for improvement. So it's not like this suggestion couldn't be discussed and options a chance ;)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 01:03:08 pm »

If you like accuracy, use an accurate weapon and use aimmode and you get near-perfect accuracy.

The point in having 27 different weapons is that some can be innacurate and require you to get closer to your target to make accurate shots.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 01:10:08 pm »

Sure, but I never really notice any difference except the fact it gives me a clearer view of where I'm aiming, after a while I tend to just make do without as it can leave you a sitting duck, and I'm not getting anymore kills with it.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 03:50:34 pm »

Remember our accuracy is based on probability of hitting the center. The accuracy cones don't really mean much, but the majority of the shots will hit closer to the center when aimed in so you are MORE LIKELY to hit where you are aiming.

Firing at a fast rate with an automatic weapon increases the cone by 10-15% even when aimed in.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »

How come your name is now in the red KM, still angry from Flash2011's posts?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »

He's at defcon 1.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Flash2011

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flash2011 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 04:51:35 pm »

I have a suggestion, I was thinking that the aim feature could make the weapons more accurate than it currently does, I'm thinking it could balance out gameplay a bit more for noobs and maybe lessen the amount of bitchin about the mechanics, there's also the added advantage of keeping the players. I think most of the hardcore players don't bother with it anyway because they don't need it, but noobs would benefit immensely from a little more accuracy in aiming. I did some testing a little while back shooting a wall from distance with a few guns, one with aim and one without and sometimes you can't even tell the difference in the spread. What do you guys think?
You make a good point, i've said this exact same thing.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »

I am now an official Managing Director of the mod, although i've been wearing that hat internally for a while now.

http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php?action=staff

Flash2011

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flash2011 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 06:12:26 pm »

hooray.

I can still bug you on steam right?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 06:16:47 pm »

For ever minute you bug me on steam, v4.2 gets delayed by 1 month.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »

I don't like what I just read.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 06:19:42 pm »

+1

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »

You have four factors in the accuracy formula that affect the grouping.

1) Base accuracy.  How good the gun is, naturally.
2) Un-sighted penalty.  If unsighted, your spread is greater. Aside: This was originally a substitute for breathing effect, but remains useful.
3) Breathing effect.  If you don't adjust for it, it will move the center of your spread while you fire it.
4) Recoil.  If you hold the trigger, this will well-exceed any of the three above.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 07:09:23 pm »

Aimmode has different effects on different weapons.  For the D5K it does almost nothing, but the shotguns gain nearly a 100% accuracy bonus from it.

This actually helps pro players a lot more than new ones because of how exploitable and unapparent it is.  (aimmode in midair and all that)
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up