GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 03:18:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Map overlay  (Read 10849 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Map overlay
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 03:04:45 pm »

Last time I played Goldeneye 64, I didn't remember team play to be color coded... Do we really have to reduce our game to the level of a 6 year old before people can know what team they are on?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 03:07:22 pm »

Mi6 = bond + suits, valentin, mishkin
janus = THE REST

know what team you are on (it tells you conveniently in the left corner) and know the above variables. Easy as that.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 03:15:07 pm »

I don't think it looks too bad. This is just a quick hue/saturation tweak.
Normal coloured models for FFA.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:17:49 pm by keefy »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 03:19:37 pm »

Do we really have to reduce our game to the level of a 6 year old before people can know what team they are on?

In no way you have to do that. That's why you have the wiki, the forums, all that stuff. It's fro people who have doubts about teams to clear them all. It's peoples' problem if they keep shooting teammates to no avail. I said that in my last post in this thread.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 05:17:53 am »

As an idea, bond has multiple suit colors. If this were added to the other characters we could have them all be shaded a certain way.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 07:08:58 am »

As an idea, bond has multiple suit colors. If this were added to the other characters we could have them all be shaded a certain way.

That's what i was thinking.. maybe a clean black/&/blue, pinstripe black /&/ blue.. etc >.>

Also I'd like to see mayday in some more fashionable/interchangeable colors as well.. i mean.. wesley snipes has to look GOOD eh?(inside thing.. ahaha.. yeah..)

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:47 am »

Last time I played Goldeneye 64, I didn't remember team play to be color coded...
Who was suggesting this? I'm sure there is a better way for these problems that don't mean radical changes.  In fact, I think it would be super ugly to edit player models like that.

And again, G64 was 2v2.  Multiplayer maps were made for 4 players.  It was 1999, and I was a preen eating vanilla cups, wide-eyed and bushy-tailed...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:22:01 am by Abraham Lincoln »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 07:33:44 am »

Like above said GE64 was 2v2 only so you only needed to worry about 1 other player being on your team and the rest were enemies.

I like that idea  InvertedShadow mentioned so we can chose our  own suit colours for FFA and be forced when templay.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 07:46:37 am »

Mi6 = bond + suits, valentin, mishkin
janus = THE REST

know what team you are on (it tells you conveniently in the left corner) and know the above variables. Easy as that.

you guys are being way over the top. What started as team solutions is turning into fashion week. So even if it is considered expect it to be many months away.

If tournaments for clan type situations wants color coding they'll just reskin themselves. This is def a community initiative, think about who wants to do it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:49:58 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up