GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:59:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anonymous Threatens To Shut Down Internet Next Month  (Read 3708 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Anonymous Threatens To Shut Down Internet Next Month
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:18 am »

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Anonymous-Hactivist-UDP-packets-DNS-Servers-shut-down-the-web,news-14201.html

"Anonymous 'threatens' to take down Facebook" -FAIL!!!!!!

"Anonymous Threatens To Shut Down Internet Next Month" MOST LIKELY FAIL!!!!!!

bobbert4ever

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bobbert4ever has no influence.
Re: Anonymous Threatens To Shut Down Internet Next Month
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:45:37 am »

Immature and stupid. These people aren't "hackers" they are just idiots who want attention but act like they don't with their "anonymous" crap.

Also, if they really did "shut down" the internet, it wouldn't mean anything. Everyone would just be pissed off and no one will like anonymous anymore. It's far from sending out a message about corporate greed.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:58:53 pm »

I say good luck to them.

I'm not necessarily sure that it's an effective way to make the point they want to make, but I agree with their motivation and I'm still interested to see if they can do it or not and what kind of impact they can cause.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »

If you'd be planning such a thing, would you tell everyone what exactly you'll be doing even before you do it?
Either this is a fake or they never really planned to do it and just want publicity.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »

If you'd be planning such a thing, would you tell everyone what exactly you'll be doing even before you do it?
Either this is a fake or they never really planned to do it and just want publicity.

I'm guessing that someone unrelated to Anon made this announcement.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!
Pages: [1]   Go Up