GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:38:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: Music Composer  (Read 56625 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Application: Music Composer
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 02:56:45 am »

Wow I was going to say bring the faster one down by 10-15 bpm, but you already did! I really dig the cafe mix, perhaps it can have "flare ups" of faster beats. I think it should emulate the flow of the gameplay, which is hectic then relaxed then hectic again. You are forced to pause when you die, think about that.

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 05:14:53 am »

Wow I was going to say bring the faster one down by 10-15 bpm, but you already did! I really dig the cafe mix, perhaps it can have "flare ups" of faster beats. I think it should emulate the flow of the gameplay, which is hectic then relaxed then hectic again. You are forced to pause when you die, think about that.

Thanks for the feedback!

I really like your suggestion, shifting BPMs/Themes it is :)

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 10:37:52 am »

Here is a near complete mix down of both versions shifting a couple of times from 125BPM to 145BPM and back with a change in sounds each time it shifts :)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 12:12:57 am »

I like this but your guitar and mixing instruments "so they don't sound muffled" need some work. If you want a great out of the box guitar VST use Prominy electric guitar sample libary.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 06:39:57 am »

Here is a near complete mix down of both versions shifting a couple of times from 125BPM to 145BPM and back with a change in sounds each time it shifts :)

I am in love with the shifting bpm's! It adds a a whole new concept of how the game is played by the music gradually getting faster which tends to bring a stressful/hectic firefight within the game. This will definitely be a song of choice that I'd listen to when I want to go run n' gun on some noobs in game! Nicely done!

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 07:14:46 am »

I am in love with the shifting bpm's! It adds a a whole new concept of how the game is played by the music gradually getting faster which tends to bring a stressful/hectic firefight within the game. This will definitely be a song of choice that I'd listen to when I want to go run n' gun on some noobs in game! Nicely done!

Thank you so much man! You've just made what has to now be at least 8 hours of tune making worth the while :) here is the latest version, it's now over 4 minutes with 3 different BPMs and lots of shifts... it feels pretty complete now! Just needs a bit more mastering in places, I "may" write some of the parts on my Gameboy just to have little 1-2 second seemless transitions between the Reason and Chiptune versions to mess with people at certain points of the mix ;)

I have to admit, I backed up one of the MP3s in the GESource directory to test it out on Silo, works really well with the tempo shifts, especially after dying... :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 01:43:51 pm »

Not Bad :)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 02:45:37 pm »

Hot damn! Now that's a deathmatch track, I absolutely love it. It instantly grabs me and makes me want to fire up the game. PERFECTION.

Bumped to trial, but its more of a formality at this point.

For your trial please pick another song from our OST that you feel needs work or create a brand new one.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:39:28 pm by killermonkey »

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 06:31:18 pm »

Congrats tweaklab! Welcome to trial!

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 10:42:20 pm »

Oh wow, you guys are awesome!

Thanks a bunch for the opportunity and your kind words, I'll be sure to put as much effort into the next tune as I did this one. :)

On that note, I'll do my best to have another track down over the course of the next week!

Cheers again and here is the final mix of the first track with some slight changes with the first drum and bass segment and some more mastering of levels with the 145BPM parts.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:32:23 pm by tweaklab »

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 05:14:51 pm »

Best of luck on your trial. I know you will make us proud.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 02:21:55 pm »

Hot damn! Now that's a deathmatch track, I absolutely love it. It instantly grabs me and makes me want to fire up the game. PERFECTION.

Bumped to trial, but its more of a formality at this point.

For your trial please pick another song from our OST that you feel needs work or create a brand new one.

Here's a WIP on the trial tune, I decided to re-work "Control" and am liking where it's going after a few changes along the way. :)

I plan on adding a BPM/style shift shortly after where the current mix ends to add a bit more intensity, similar to what I did with my Shaken and Stirred remix but with just the one change given the way that middle section drops the drums out and builds up with the brass and violins really asks for something to fire up imo.

Thanks again for the opportunity and support you've shown so far guys, hopefully you'll like where this is heading! :)

Cheers!

- Tweaklab

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 08:37:01 am »

Here's a WIP on the trial tune, I decided to re-work "Control" and am liking where it's going after a few changes along the way. :)

I plan on adding a BPM/style shift shortly after where the current mix ends to add a bit more intensity, similar to what I did with my Shaken and Stirred remix but with just the one change given the way that middle section drops the drums out and builds up with the brass and violins really asks for something to fire up imo.

Thanks again for the opportunity and support you've shown so far guys, hopefully you'll like where this is heading! :)

Cheers!

- Tweaklab
Wow that is a pretty awesome remix :) nice work

Rick Astley

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 08:37:31 am »

Would love to see you tackle Depot

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 03:48:02 am »

Would love to see you tackle Depot

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! :)

And I will definitely add Depot to my to do list, after remixing these recent tracks I've decided that it'd be a cool project for myself to remix the entire GoldenEye OST, so if I happen to pass my trial that will just give me even more incentive to keep at it ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up