GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:38:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] hl2.exe error when launching via Steam  (Read 3156 times)

Man Cannon

[ISSUE] hl2.exe error when launching via Steam
« on: February 12, 2009, 02:06:49 am »

When I run goldeneye through steam, i get an error right away, then it closes. To be a little more in depth, the exact message is : 'hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:12:17 am by Sean [Baron] »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [ISSUE] hl2.exe error when launching via Steam
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:36:55 am »

Sorry, but this is not enough information to help you

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:02:02 am »

Try disabling you Steam friends from in-game.  Go to Steam>Settings>In-Game then uncheck the box that says "Enable Steam Community In-Game"

I had a similar run in to a generic error like yours for CSS, and unchecking that did the trick.

Man Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:11:10 am »

Nope, still no luck, i wish i had more info on why it won't even boot up, all my other steam/source games work fine, this one i just can't seem to get to start

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:27:19 am »

Are you trying to join a GES server, or are you launching the GES game from the games window?  Currently, in order to play the game, you need to launch the game first, and then join a server, or join a friends game.  It will crash if you try to launch a game by trying to join a server, or join a friend, before you have the main game running. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up