GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:00:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] No Game Shortcut On Desktop Or In Steam  (Read 3746 times)

Cornjob

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cornjob has no influence.
[ISSUE] No Game Shortcut On Desktop Or In Steam
« on: August 13, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »

I have re-installed the game 3 different times now, and each of them being from different sources. The first being the torrent, and then the other two from the top mirrors. Each time the game re-installs fine, but when I check the box for a shortcut on my desktop nothing shows up. The game runs fine the first time, but if I close the game then I have no way of opening it again. It's not in my start  menu either like the option says.

I've checked my steam files and I can't find a shortcut anywhere. I try to run the "hl2.exe" from Source SDK Base 2007, but that doesn't work.
There is nothing inside the sourcemods folder. I have also restarted steam like the guide says, but there is no GoldenEye anywhere in it.

I played this the first night with my friend, and I loved it but now I can't seem to play no matter how many times I reinstall. My friend seemed to download it fine and get a shortcut on his desktop, but I can't.

Any help is appreciated!

chocodisaster

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • chocodisaster has no influence.
Re: [ISSUE] No Game Shortcut On Desktop Or In Steam
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »

good look with this - im having an issue with the game not opening, no replies at all, appears community only pick specific topics

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 07:12:08 pm »

good look with this - im having an issue with the game not opening, no replies at all, appears community only pick specific topics

It seems that some people forget that it's not always possible to reply to everyone. As much as we'd like for each of you to have a good experience, there comes a point where only certain things are worth responding to.

PS. Those who want to help with the installers: if you are having trouble, start the installer with the --verbose-mode (preload) or -verbose (post release) option and PM me the log.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:14:40 pm by soupcan »

Cornjob

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cornjob has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:37:30 pm »

I'm sorry, but can you explain how to start it in those ways?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 08:42:03 pm »

1. Open a command prompt (you can search 'cmd' in the Start menu and it should be the first result)
2. Drag the installer file onto your window. It should have automatically pasted the location of the installer file.
3. After the end of the location of the file, add  '--verbose-mode' if it's the preload installer, or -verbose if it's the full, post-release installer.
4. Hit enter.

When you run the installer and reach the installation page, instead of just the install progress, you should also see a log. When it finishes, right-click and copy the log, and then PM me here on the forums with a message containing the log.
Pages: [1]   Go Up