GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:59:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bugs?]Living Daylights + Silent Assassin and Break a leg  (Read 2361 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
[Bugs?]Living Daylights + Silent Assassin and Break a leg
« on: February 26, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »

Hi guys,
it's been a while. First of all let me say: this Beta is just awesome! From the moment I first started it, it felt like the real thing, starting with the intro.
So I've been playing rather than posting in the forums. ;-)

Unfortunately, there a two things which caught my attention and I'd like to have an official answer to them.

1.) The achievement Silent Assassin says you have to win a round using only melee weapons.
It's plausible players would get it when playing Living Daylights just holding on to their flags, because the points are accumulated as kills (which in turn are the thing this achievement is checking for).
So far, nothing's wrong with description + how it's working.
Just asking: was this really intended or just something that "happened" and will it eventually change?
(because if I was to think of an assassin, I wouldn't imagine someone who doesn't do anything beside carrying a flag)

2.) Break a leg
So here's just my impression, you may prove me false on this. But it seems to me, the only time you can get this, is when you're actually the only one who ever shot the victim.
Like it's checking whether for ALL bullets (and not only the ones, the killer fired) hit the legs.
Strangely, although I often hit people with the AuG in their legs, these shots altogether aren't counted. (MWGG mode or Deathmatch with AuG in the weaponset)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: [Bugs?]Living Daylights + Silent Assassin and Break a leg
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:20:35 pm »

If you can win LD without using ballistic weapons, you pwn.  KM should ensure that it is testing for winning the round and most kills, since fragging = winning in DM, but in alternate scenarios, kills and frags are disconnected.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [Bugs?]Living Daylights + Silent Assassin and Break a leg
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:22:34 am »

Break a Leg works as intended. It is not supposed to be easy to get, hence why you can't get it with GG or Golden PP7. You have to kill the player with at least 80 damage SPREAD OUT across multiple hits. This is by design, it also prevents LTK from getting you this achievement in 1 round.

Silent assassin must be looking at the SCORE not the FRAGS like VC said. I moved over a bunch of other achievements to frags, musta missed this one. Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up