GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 11:06:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange percentage issue ~  (Read 3084 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Strange percentage issue ~
« on: September 07, 2009, 01:53:42 am »

Couldn't find this in the forums, so I decided to write about it.
Although it's just a minor 'problem' (doesn't affect the game anyway) I found the completion percentage is sometimes a little confused, when you do the following:

1) Open up the achievement menu while playing on a server.
2) Press Escape and return to your game
3) Press Escape again - now the completion percentage may have changed

-> This does not happen if you close the achievement menu and reopen it the next time. Furthermore if I see the menu showing 96 percent, close and reopen it, it shows 95 again.

I do not know WHY this happens, can it be because I'm near the completion of another achievement? (6 timed mines kills to go)

Another thing I found: sometimes you can hit the wall BEHIND you with your knife.
Check out the following:

1. On Control make your way to the top level and position yourself to the right of the big screen, so your back faces the wall and you can see the ladder leading down across the room.
2. On Temple position yourself in the big room in the corner on the pathway above the body armor, so you're looking down the ramp.

But I guess that's some problem of the source engine itself.

EDIT: Here are some screens from facility. Seems it occurs mostly when you're ducked against the wall. (@screen 2: I did hit the floor once by accident, that's why there is the red spot near the radar)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:16:05 am by coolDisguise »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Strange percentage issue ~
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:56:18 am »

The percentage issue is probably just inconsistant rounding in Source. It wouldn't be the first time they did something really goofy with numeric types.

I have no clue about the knife thing; sounds like some sort of advanced failstab/backstab thing.  Damn you TF2.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Strange percentage issue ~
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:18:20 pm »

The achievement percentage is completely done by the source engine UI, I can't fix that even if I wanted to, it is a Valve "bug"

Knife thing is probably a weird effect of looking up / down while striking with your knife.
Pages: [1]   Go Up