GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:39:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isocline Version 2  (Read 10509 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Isocline Version 2
« on: December 12, 2006, 06:28:15 am »

With a new Goldeneye in the pipe, the only map worth playing needs an update.

Your duty in this thread is to complain.  Tell me everything you think should be changed.  Paths that are too congested, paths that are pointless, problems with item placement, problems with scale, problems with appearence.

Rip the shit out of it for the betterment of the future. Small-filesize images for reference appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:32:28 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
Re: Isocline Version 2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 07:19:27 am »

I'm going to start by complaining that I don't have the map and I don't see a link to download it in this topic.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07:17 am »

It's on all the servers that rock.  If you don't have it, you haven't played Goldeneye Source or something...you've been playing Tetris and just been hallucinating it was Goldeneye.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 12:04:19 pm »

It's on all the servers that rock.  If you don't have it, you haven't played Goldeneye Source or something...you've been playing Tetris and just been hallucinating it was Goldeneye.

I fucking knew Ourumov looked far too similar to a squiggly block shape! Damnit.

HardHittinHeeb

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • HardHittinHeeb has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 12:47:11 pm »

OMG TEH MAPS TO BIG TOO LERN!! GUNNA PLAY FACILITY
That's pretty much the sentiment I get when I put it on. I can empty a server by putting it on. Personally I like the complexity, but most people just aren't willing to learn or even try anything they aren't familiar with. That's pretty much why everyone on CS plays dust, dust2, and office.

Edit: Found a link: http://wake-online.net/GES/Tpartymaps/ge_isocline.zip
Also, as for thoughts concerning Isocline,
Quote from: WakeOfTheBunt
This map is something to rave about gameplay wise, though nothing like ge64 style visually, it plays with the complexity of complex itself and even takes that level of disorientation a step further.

Future updates i think will add more to this, its multi-level setup is amazing, and has some neat little access ways and flow to it. Definitely one to try out.

Thoughts of the Janus Syndicate
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:03:01 pm by HardHittinHeeb »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 06:49:29 pm »

Viashino, i personally think if you made it look like goldeneye (i.e stealing borrowing mostly dev textures) + some ambient sounds used in other ge_'s then more people would get into it, coz the gameplay is amazing, but it just doesnt visually translate to people.

As seen in the testimonies, anyone who cares/knows about gameplay gets its quality, but you go over your target audience boxing into that niche. Understand?

Failing that, go nuts with 60's psychadelia and trip people out!!!! muhhahaha
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:51:55 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 03:20:55 pm »

I say just touch up the lighting abit. Make it seem less all white, and maybe mix light_spots with lights. Maybe have an areawhere outdoor light is flowing in to a room from a window or opening in the roof, or in one of those tall circular areas where there are platforms you can't get up to.

I think people would probably be less confused if they could Identify areas like "omg i r in teh room wit teh SKY" or something other than that.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 04:47:29 pm »

Agreed on the lighting, though there isn't much chance sunlight's getting that far down...

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 07:24:33 pm »

since we're using our server for gmod10 and not ges1.1 youll have to look for it on the [L[T]K] server front

but i myself wouldn't mind a whole new look for it all, as in textures and lighting. as far as everything else i cant complain.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 01:08:39 am »

In my contemplations I've come to a few conclusions.

? The overall scale needs to increase.
? Flow needs to be adjusted, so dead zones become more lively or are removed for the sake of better formation of the traveled paths.
? I will consider making smaller version specifically for small games, four to six man.  Likely I'll lock some doors and remove access to a story or two after I make the v2 edition.
? Source lighting is like some sort of raycasing prick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up