GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:06:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunker Classic (WIP)  (Read 16717 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Bunker Classic (WIP)
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:38:26 am »

A few weeks ago, for some reason I can't quite explain, I spontaneously began recreating Bunker Classic. It started out as just a small experiment, seeing if I could recreate a small portion of the map accurately from scratch, but quickly snowballed into something much bigger than that. An accurate and faithful recreation of the Bunker multiplayer map.

The scale and proportions are as accurate to the original as possible whilst still being optimized in Source. All textures are high resolution and made from scratch and all lights, glass and monitors are breakable just like in the original.

Progress of the map is very far along, around 85% complete overall, but I can't say for sure how long it will take to complete, hopefully a few weeks as it has come so far in a very short time.

Here are some WIP images:

I'd like to thank both Entropy-Soldier and Luchador. Their skills, help, contributions and feedback have helped a great deal to make this map possible and as good as it can be.

More soon.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:46:22 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
Re: Bunker Classic (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 04:02:31 am »

Saw you, Luch, and E-S testing it. Looks great! Much better than ge_bunker_stinky (especially excited about the correct scaling and breakable lights). Now only if we could program floating mines, grenades, etc so you can use the easter egg from the original.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:17:11 am »

That's... wow.
Extreme props to you.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 05:57:43 am »

This looks great. I mean, from the screenshots, it looks just about perfect.

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 06:27:43 am »

Awesome

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 06:38:28 am »

I heard you've been working on this for the last couple of weeks Mangley, and my jaw seriously dropped when I saw your SSs.  I can't wait to play it. 

BE-S-ST   :D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 06:56:28 am »

nice fuck, mangley  ;) ;D
I can´t wait to kick some asses on this great map. I hope FReXx will also continue with his bunker-map, so that we will have even two beautiful bunkers in the end.

greetings

cy
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15:23 am »

This map turns out great, keep up the good work.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 09:07:47 am »

Looks awesome. Hurry up and release. We needed a playable bunker forever now.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 11:37:46 am »

Awesome, can't wait to play on this map. :-)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 02:00:24 pm »

Much better than ge_bunker_stinky

Put much on that. It is looking really good. A proper classic recreation of Bunker. There is one thing that needs a small tweak though: first pic, the yellow stripes in the wall. In the image below, the stripes should look like they are actually painted on the wall instead of just overlapping that inset, all this in the texture because I know you didn't actually use brushes to do those insets. It can be a problem of the perspective though, since there's one on the left side that seems to be done correctly.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »

The stripes are not part of the wall texture, they're an overlay.  They were painted on exactly the same on the original, but you're right.. they are a bit unsightly overlapping on the groves in the walls... I'll see how a bump map on the wall helps with that, though I wasn't planning on using bump maps.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »

I'll see how a bump map on the wall helps with that...

Don't. Would ruin the classic nature.

You can create a smaller run of the overlay to more easily position it so as not to overlap the grooves.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:58 am »

Mangley, you got so much talent man. Keep up the great work with rocket, bunker, and your klobbs. You are a natural. I look forward to seeing your future creations. Big fan of you man. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:21 am »

Wow, that looks amazing! Great job man, you really nailed the everything about the map including the lighting/shadows and the textures look fantastic, something a lot of classic maps leave out. I'm thoroughly impressed.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up