GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:36:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Dam_PRA  (Read 21527 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_Dam_PRA
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 12:55:06 am »

The dam layout for singleplayer does not suit the multiplayer aspect of gameplay. It would be too linear and the amount of people opting to vote for a different map is substantial. If the dam is going to be made for multi then a number of areas going around the dam need to be added for that quick paced action.

didnt Rare test all the single player levels in Multiplayer first? i seemed to have read that somewhere but yeah might need a bit alteration but i could imagine a King of the hill match in Dam

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 01:46:25 am »

That still doesn't mean they were good, and MP didn't exist until the last few weeks of GoldenEye's development, which is why a lot of MP maps are from singleplayer.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:08 am »

I'm unsure if they had time to test ALL SP maps in Multiplayer, I think they implemented Multiplayer about two to three weeks before the release.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 03:06:29 am »

They tested a lot, Cradle and Stature have working spawns and crate placements but lagged and had glitches like guns falling through the cradle walkways and the statutes lowering frame rate.
Silo is a linear map but they added in all those alternate paths in source to make it work, same with runway so that's what we can do for dam. We'd make the underground system larger, maybe make the island available and larger and connected to the underground system or something. You know make use of the water area being so massive, make a second level of th tunnels that runs below the water and to the island.
Course I'm just speculating here and can understand if you don't like my idea of the tunnels.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Jonathan Dark

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jonathan Dark has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 01:00:58 am »

They tested a lot, Cradle and Stature have working spawns and crate placements but lagged and had glitches like guns falling through the cradle walkways and the statutes lowering frame rate.
Silo is a linear map but they added in all those alternate paths in source to make it work, same with runway so that's what we can do for dam. We'd make the underground system larger, maybe make the island available and larger and connected to the underground system or something. You know make use of the water area being so massive, make a second level of th tunnels that runs below the water and to the island.
Course I'm just speculating here and can understand if you don't like my idea of the tunnels.
Don´t  like? That is exactly what I thought about this map! :D

XtremeWRATH

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • XtremeWRATH has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 01:17:47 am »

I personally want every map from Goldeneye in this game, yeah some might not be as good as others but just having them all would make this feel complete.

XtremeWRATH

• Agent
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 07:37:47 pm »

Any updates???

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 06:20:18 am »

yes. will soon be launched on frontzone version of this map.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:36:28 am by PATRIOTA »

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 03:47:05 am »

BESIDE myself to play this one.  NICE!!!!   ;)

XtremeWRATH

• Agent
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 02:46:32 am »

There's been no status update since March hope this isn't DOA

XtremeWRATH

• Agent
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:26 am »

Almost September :(

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:08 am »

I think it's safe to say all of Patriota's maps are dead.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 03:54:30 am »

At least for now, just what Troy said.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 07:26:19 pm »

I guess Patriota's mapping has been put to bed.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 11:03:16 pm »

I think it's safe to say all of Patriota's maps are dead.

All you do is whine....knock it off.
Troy, get back on that treadmill
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up