GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:37:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_facility_classic My version  (Read 6607 times)

Dechristian

• :D
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dechristian has no influence.
Ge_facility_classic My version
« on: November 21, 2009, 03:24:13 am »

I noticed and compared the offical facility_classic to the real one and noticed how different they are. There's so many I can't even list all of them. But I wanted to make one almost exactly like the original with textures, lighting and sounds. Here is my progress:

That's about it. Sounds are also in the map. I'll make a video, if you guys are interested. So far I just need to add spawns and some models (I sort of used your tank models). The bulletholes were made by me too.

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
Re: Ge_facility_classic My version
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:24:54 am »

The automatic doors look a little too narrow, but other than that I like what I see.  Did you make the textures yourself? 

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:36:09 am »

Not bad, but i don't see a reason why the textures should be so low resolution and blury.
You should aim for something like this:

Otherwise the new props, weapon & player models will look out of place in this map.
If you used textures from the original game, you should remove them anyway to not cause copyright issues.

And do not name it ge_facility_classic, otherwise there'll be issues with the official version of the map.

You can iclude your nickname into the mapname, this will not only solve the naming issue, but also ensure you'll get credit for your map.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 02:27:37 pm »

The doors should be narrow, they were in Goldeneye 007.  With Beta 4, the player body collision radius is on-spec.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Dechristian

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 09:22:05 pm »

Actiolly I exported almost all the textures that were used in facility. I could redo the high res textures but that's what you guys done on the offical version. Also i can do some touchs on the textures to make them not copyrighted. Even though I don't think it's that bad of a problem.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:30:48 pm by Dechristian »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 11:40:10 pm »

Ripping is bad, mmmkay.  Making a modification of copyrighted material makes you a double criminal.  Stop using kids on the school bus as legal advisors.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 02:59:32 am »

I have to say, your proportions are way off...

I can see you've used the textures to guide the scale of the map where possible... sadly the textures aren't scaled to the same size begin with which leaves the map larger than it should be.

There's a little potential... but I hate to say that if you want to make a 100% accurate recreation you're probably going to have to start again. One tile on the wall should be 12.8 x 12.8 units.

Don't hate me.  :angel:
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Dechristian

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 06:46:05 pm »

That would be nice but I've already tried and it seems the players are too big to even get though the doors. Also it just about correctly scaled to source's size.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 08:09:14 pm »

If you ever need dimensions tested on new Beta4 code, just send the map to one of the BT'ers and we'll test anything you need. Specially door sizes, and jump height and such.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:03 pm »

It would be useful if we could get those details on the ge:s wiki..
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:29 am »

I want to have its kids.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 02:57:19 am »

Yea, I am going to say I dont really like where you went with this. Your proportions are off, and texture / lighting kinda sucks... I would personally start over, and learn from past mistakes. Please dont take offence to this,

~Jeron

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1]   Go Up