GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 09:37:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: force team spawning?  (Read 4494 times)

bop-owl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bop-owl has no influence.
force team spawning?
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:08:51 pm »

is there an easy way to force team spawning in game modes that don't use it?
like gun game? 

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: force team spawning?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »

In what way?

bop-owl

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:42:35 pm »

player_info_janus kind of way
instead of
player_info_deathmatch
kind of way

I can't seem to get teams to work in gungame at all.  The wiki says its toggle-able.  I must have something really messed up. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:58:32 pm by bop-owl »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:44 pm »

I ain't never seen teams in GunGame, The wiki must have an error in it.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:07:38 pm »

GunGame was changed to not support teamplay in v4.2. The wiki is out of date. You can manually modify the gameplay's .py file to allow for teamplay by changing the line:

Code: [Select]
return GEGlobal.TEAMPLAY_NONE

in GetTeamPlay( self ) to

return GEGlobal.TEAMPLAY_TOGGLE

However, this is completely untested and may cause issues with the gameplay in addition to adding a (MOD) tag at the end of the gameplay. In modes that support teamplay, you can remove the line

GEMPGameRules.SetAllowTeamSpawns( False )

To enable teamspawns (for instance, Uplink is teamplay-only but has teamspawns disabled). Teamspawns is when one team spawns on one side of the map and one on the other side.

bop-owl

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 12:12:05 am »

I couldn't ge_teamplay to work with yolt
I checked the yolt script for "GetTeamPlay"
so confused
it looks like yolt has if statements for team play

please forgiveme for being an idiot
I script a bit and admin servers and I map
but I'm no programmer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 03:09:43 pm »

@bop-owl

there is a patch to fix teamplay in Yolt and LTK: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7270.msg76154.html#msg76154

GetTeamPlay() is a simple accessor function for the base gamerules (on the C++ side) to determine if the current gamemode can support teamplay. It uses the return value of this function combined with ge_teamplay to determine when teamplay should be active.

YOLT supports both teamed and non-teamed gameplay so there are various points in the code that will do different actions depending on whether teamplay is active or not.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:11:50 pm by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up