GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:47:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hl2.exe has stopped responding  (Read 3645 times)

lancol

Hl2.exe has stopped responding
« on: October 23, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »

GE:S launches fine but as soon as the level loads I can see a brief bit of action (like 2 seconds) behind that first page that shows up telling you what rules are set etc. I can see half of the chat box to the left. After the two seconds, the sound does the typical repetition that happens when Hl2.exe stops responding and the game closes with the "Hl2.exe" has stopped responding window.

Another interesting thing, is if I try to skip the opening video with "esc" it works fine, but if I left click it stops responding.

It's an HP Pavillion laptop, integrated intel grapics (that don't have a problem with games like TF2, CSS, DOD, Gmod, HL2), Vista 64-bit.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: Hl2.exe has stopped responding
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »

The second thing is a common issue with GES BETA 4. Its fixed now but a lot of people have that issue. Put -novid in your lunch options.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »

mmmm... lunch options

I have a feeling that your first problem is probably graphics related, given that you're on an integrated graphics card. What settings do you use in TF2 or DoD:S?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

lancol

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 03:08:02 pm »

Usually just slightly altered default settings, I have CSS and DOD at max settings minus anti-aliasing and shadows. TF2 I had to dock a little on some graphics settings, down to around medium on some things.

My resolution on these are 1024 x 768.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:23:29 pm »

The unfortunate thing is the engine running our mod is NOT the engine running any of those other games. Valve split development, and thus, updates to the source sdk base. I would try running at a lower directX level (-dxlevel 70 in command options).

lancol

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »

Hmm. Well, I gave it a try but no luck. I suppose it just wasn't meant to be?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 08:13:26 pm »

Did you also try direct x 8.1? Change those settings above and put 81 in place of the 7. See if that does anything. Also, do something for me. Go to your options and run the game in "windowed mode" and just see if it crashes when you load in game again. Also, are you joining an online server or your own listen server?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:15:24 pm by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

lancol

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 04:47:33 pm »

Okay, I'll give that a try. As for the server, I've tried both online servers and my own listen server.

Edit:

Okay. Neither helped, I'm afraid. Actually, this time it just closed without saying hl2.exe stopped responding.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 04:56:46 pm by lancol »
Pages: [1]   Go Up