GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:55:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: State of GE:S  (Read 29346 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
State of GE:S
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:48 am »

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that v4.2 is coming along really well. We are in final testing stages and are cleaning up all our development work, polishing the levels, adding node graphs, and debugging the bots. There isn't much left to do that is really major. We are really excited about 4.2 and I think you guys will be do. Here is a quick video I made showing the bots in action on the new revamped stack_classic:
http://www.youtube.com/v/GyFdNIJ_vmE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&fs=1&hd=1
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:43:13 am by killermonkey »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: State of GE:S
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:43 am »

Suh-weet.

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:58:47 am »

Looking sexy as always :).

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 03:21:03 am »

Great job as always, thanks for the update.  :-)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:19:44 am »

Stellar work, as always ;).

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:07:34 am »

it´s really amazing. I think this update will change the mod forever. yesterday I joined silo which was full of bots - totally war
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

liamcadhain

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 10:33:04 am »

Looks brilliant, can't wait for the release. I like the new loading screen and helpful hint too. It'll be useful for new players joining the mod (which hopefully we'll see a lot more of after the release date)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

I like how the ragdolls fly back when they die.  I wish the video was a bit longer though.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

WNxUufje

• Scientist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • WNxUufje has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 11:30:46 am »

Excellent! Really nice to hear it's pretty close to release.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

Nice, can't hardly wait.
Is there an option to disable those popups on death, though? I don't know, but to me they feel a little out of place. : /
When will translations be needed? Can you choose a language ingame in 4.2?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 07:35:09 pm »

Yes, there will be an advanced option to disable the help hints. They are supposed to be out of place because they are meant to grab your attention. The death help messages only show up 40% of the time.

I'll post the translation file soon.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 07:55:41 pm »

stack_classic looks well done! This bot implementation is just awesome and this will bring in more players.

Now, what if you create a server, can you add bots to fill up the empty slots, then when people join, it removes the bot to replace with a player?

Has that code been added in?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »

Yes, as I learned a few days ago (Thanks km), there is a command called ge_bot_threshold if I remember the command correctly that lets you do this. It will also allow you to pick a number of max bots that are able to join before it cuts off. Now we can populate servers and replace them with real people as they come in. Pretty handy. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 10:24:38 pm »

It will be on the create server menu :-D

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 07:06:52 am »

Perfect, that way I will also be able to add bots immediately instead of doing "ge_bot" in console :) Thanks KM! You the man!

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up