GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:55:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ds Modeling Tool for Source  (Read 51371 times)

wallworm

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • wallworm has no influence.
    • Shawn Olson Creative Arts
Re: 3ds Modeling Tool for Source
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 12:29:31 pm »

1.4 is out and includes several new productivity enhancements as well as updates to how $bodygroups work.

* Enhanced the $bodygroup feature to allow multiple $bodygroups. This update changes the way $bodygroups are set... so you will have to relink them according to the new docs if you have already set some up since version 1.3.
* Renamed Texture Utilities Rollout to Utilities.
* Added Quick WWMT button to create WWMT helpers for all selected objects in the scene.
* Added Quick Compile button to export all selected WWMTs (and compile them if the auto compile is set in the tool settings).
* Added All Textures button to compile textures for all selected WWMT helpers.
* Updated the UI to let you choose a new WWMT with the Pick Model button even if there is already a WWMT filled into the UI. The UI will update for the new WWMT.

New Bodygroup docs: http://wallworm.com/projects/utilities/docs/using/export_bodygroups.html

PS. The tool now works in Max 2012. Cannonfodder's SMD Exporter is also compatible with 2012 now... Wunderboy's is following soon.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 02:17:24 pm »

Version 1.41 released 05-09-2011

• Added more settings to the Quick WWMT tools in the Utilities Tab. You can now pre-assign most of the checkboxes from the Basic Model & QC and Collision Model & Physics rollouts to the Quick WWMT Selections.
• Added Clear From Sel button in Utilities Rollout that will remove all WWMT data and helpers from the selection.
• Updated the Pick Model function to properly clear every possible setting in the UI to the defaults if there is already a WWMT object filling the UI when a new WWMT helper is selected. The 1.4 addition of this feature sometimes left values in the UI if the first model had a property assigned that is, by default, undefined in the WWMT Struct and the second model did not have a value set.
• Caught some more possible exceptions (fringe cases that have been reported and due to pressing some buttons after scene objects have been deleted).

I haven't abandoned the Dev on the displacement tool... I'm trying to figure out some things that will make it easier from the artist's point of view, not to mention some bugs in features I'm trying to add.

Also... I'm considering adding VTA support to WWMT but not sure it's worth it since I don't know how many people need/want it. It's something that I've been asked to add a few times... any ideas or input?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 01:09:15 am »

We would use the VTA export ability.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2011, 05:54:48 pm »

We would use the VTA export ability.

I've decided to go ahead and add that. I'll share news when it's added.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 04:11:49 am »

SO I don't have the VTA support done yet. But there are new features in WWMT, including a 3ds Max Material Library Generator (generates libraries of textures from VMTs and TGAs).

A lot of my time has gone into the tools that I need for my own projects at the moment and VTA is not what I personally need (though it's a common request). I haven't shelved it, but it will be a little time.

I did finally get the feature I've wanted for a long time: Collision Hull generation. It is a tool built by Maple 3D. You have to own Convexity to use it... but Maple 3D has let me integrate it into WWMT.

Here's docs and preview video: http://wallworm.com/projects/utilities/docs/using/making_source_collision_hull.html

Note that this feature is not yet public as the version of Convexity that uses it isn't released yet... but I've been lucky to be testing it. I love it!

Anyway, I'm also still tackling the whole displacement issue. The displacement tool I've made so far is not really that good; it can make displacements, yes... but not in the design-friendly way that I want. It's the main item on my checklist that I am obsessed with solving.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of these updates.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 10:18:36 am »

Always solve your obsessions first :-) they are the most satisfying

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »

I figured I'd share some updates.

1) Version 1.58 is out today. It has two main new features: A) Fixed the bug where Use Local Origin was ouptuing incorrect rotation of models when used. That should now be history. B) Added setting into WWMT Settings to allow/disallow over-swriting of existing QC file. The default is now to dis-allow (previously it just overwrote ).

2) There have been many random changes/additions/fixes to WWMT. Not going to list them all. But I did now package all of my tools (WWMT, Sky Writer and the unfinished Displacement Tool) into one package now. I've also added three new tools:

All can be added to menu by going to WWMT Settings and clicking Add to Menu.

Worm Face mimmicks the Hammer Texture Application Lift/Dump of textures from/to faces. Rad Worm creates map-spacific RAD files from materials in the scene. And Soundcaper creates a skeleton soundscape file for you map based on the soundscape entities in the scene.

There is more... just check the changelog.

Still no progress on the displacement tools. Nor VTA. Both are things many people want... I just haven't had a breakthrough on displacements or passion to go forward with VTA. Regarding VTA, I will wait until Wunderboy's next VTA release for Max 2012 to see what he's cooked up to make my job easier for adding that.

Make sure to share feedback.

Enjoy.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 10:44:18 pm »

Shawn, you are very very impressive. Thank you for your contributions to Source modding!

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 02:31:16 am »

Shawn, you are very very impressive. Thank you for your contributions to Source modding!

Thank you!

I'm working on a couple maps at the moment, one of which I'm going to compile for GE:S too; I conned my brother, a very talented musician, into making me a very sexy 007-like sound track for it too. Hopefully I'll have time for that in the next month. But I'm notoriously bad at meeting my deadlines for personal projects... so we'll see.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2011, 12:56:35 am »

I've got a new version coming soon with VTA support... looking for someone to test it and provide feedback on the method of use, output, etc. Anyone game just send me your email addy so I can send it out. I want it tested before I release since I have so little experience in the VTA/flex arena.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 04:22:56 pm »

Need some feedback at this stage... there is a beta available now. The beta download and notes are here.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 12:46:52 am »

Been a while since I've been here... have some updates. The promised VTA support has been added. As of today, you can export a model with flexcontrollers right into face poser. Basic docs are at http://wallworm.com/projects/utilities/docs/using/making_facial_animations.html though I wrote them before I added the flexcontroller export... essentially, WWMT makes a controller for each morph channel.

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up