GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:11:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Map] ge_tomb  (Read 8178 times)

jexact

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.
[Map] ge_tomb
« on: January 24, 2016, 02:37:04 pm »

ge_tomb

A Remake from TimeSplitters

Size:Small (2-4 Players)
Download:ge_tomb.zip (8 MB)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:19:56 am by jexact »
Releases: ge_tomb

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: [Map] ge_tomb
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 06:36:36 pm »

This is a very well done first map. While it is a good first map, here are some things you may consider to revise:

1. The map is small. It's okay for lower player counts, but I could see it quickly becoming too hectic once more people start to join. Its size is alright assuming it's played only with lower player counts, but you may want to consider expanding it as servers can fill up quickly.

2. The item spawns. You seem to grasp the general idea that higher-tier weapons belong in more central areas, however there are some high-tier weapon spawns located in more obscure areas of the map, and I also noticed some weapon spawns located right next to each other. Again, the map is small and it's hard to give items an appropriate spawn location, so you may want to consider expanding the map or redesigning some areas. Also, I do not see any armor spawns.

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:04:54 pm »

I second what Soup said. This is extremely well put together for a first map. It's very clean and overall a really solid effort. Awesome work! I can't wait to see more from you :)

If I really had to nitpick, I had a small gripe with the lighting; it's a bit too saturated for my taste, and the armor was difficult to see since it was tucked away in a dark corner.
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

jexact

• Agent
  • jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.jexact is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »

Thank you for your feedback!

@soupcan
1. I'm satisfied with the map size, since it is made for lower player counts.
2. I've tried to reduce the item spawns compared to the original map (resulting in 2 spawns for each weapon on tier 1-4 and 1 spawn for each weapon on tier 5-8).

PS. There's one body armor near the pillar.

@Adrian
Lighting/Saturation is a good point! Maybe I will adjust the saturation (for more realism).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:19:50 am by jexact »

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 07:05:45 am »

;)  nice work man    keep up the good work and BTW.......  you will quickly find no matter how amazing your maps are made or designed some people will never be satisfied with them. Just remember your fan base and make maps that make YOU happy  You will never make others truly happy and most of those people won't lift a finger to map anything themselves   8)

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 04:47:16 pm »

It's good to see some OC.  Small and simple.

We will probably give it a run during our next playtest.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 04:48:21 pm »

Really impressive Jexact, very clean and plays well. I look forward to seeing what else you do from here.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »

I wouldn't increase the size of the map as this seems it'd play great for 1v1 or 2v2 games, will see if we use it for a tournament!

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 04:52:45 pm »

Good job so far! Keep it up!

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 04:57:34 pm »

Nice little map for a few players. Well made, good work!
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

jexact

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 08:08:33 pm »

Thank you for your feedback!

I've uploaded the map to my dedicated server, so you can try it online if you like.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:04:48 pm by jexact »
Pages: [1]   Go Up