GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:51:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New GoldenEye Source website i made for fun  (Read 25468 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: New GoldenEye Source website i made for fun
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 02:01:15 am »

meh, but unlike all our other trials, he has actually made a product and released it. That is a trait that I am looking after since all we had before were photoshop renders...

One suggestion I have is to put your css into a seperate file (styles.css) and link to it (look for tutorial on google) it saves on download time because your browser only downloads one file for all webpages instead of needless information on each page.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 02:09:57 am »

Plus it makes it a lot easier to make global changes. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 10:11:52 pm »

If think if you want to ask baron and co. wether they agree KM - go for it. (again im personally against it because his work here doesnt prove anything yet - i could do better)

I would recommend it best be on the condition he produces a better trial piece with more effort, if he passes he then he gets DEV & completely replaces janus, and janus is ejected from DEV ; just as a showing that even going inactive for 2-3 weeks after displaying promise gets you out on your ass for a project as in demand as this, having had so many not follow through.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 01:54:46 am »

I say his trial be to improve his current design to our standards! Publish it on his website and then release to ours... I'll talk to sean

dlt

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dlt has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 05:46:38 pm »

You may want to ask him if he wants to join first!  :P
The hunt is on!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 11:27:39 pm »

There is no asking, there is only doing! :-D

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 05:36:11 pm »

Which right now 5 days he hasnt been present for. Sorry KM looks like another failure

Ge-Force

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 02:44:25 pm »

I wanna join the team!

Ge-Force

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 02:47:23 pm »

And remenber! this was just fun, then think how my real work looks like ! ;)

kant.think.str8

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • kant.think.str8 has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 07:06:30 am »

:o :o

Could it be?! An actually dev member dedicated to our website.

I vote yes

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 08:56:02 am »

I'm a bit confused with what the other devs are posting.  We already have 2 website developers, Janus and Shaken.  Janus is supposedly almost done with the new site, and to be honest Janus's 2 designs that we voted on were much better than this one.  We went through a lengthy process to polish Janus's design, and as far as I know he is working on it right now. 

I don't understand why the devs are giving this member false hope about a trial. While Ge-Force's site is a good attempt, it isn't up to the design standards that we require, and doesn't include many of the new features we are implementing.  While he may be able to create such a design with guidance as a dev, we already went through this process with Janus and have the new site being worked on.

Devs, please look to the discussion in the dev forums about this so that we can give this guy a straight answer. 

Ge-Force, I apologize for the confusion, we will get back to you once this is cleared up.   
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 11:34:11 pm »

Carry on the discussion and crits for him if you want, id be eager to see more views on the 'trial version'
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:40:17 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

eyewierd

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 10:56:39 pm »

When I clicked the link, nothing came up :-(. I really want to see what it looks like!!!

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »

When I clicked the link, nothing came up :-(. I really want to see what it looks like!!!
Like a dreamweaver template as far as I remember...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up