GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 09:08:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *VALVE JUMPER TOOL* Easy hammer editor reset! **UPDATED!!**  (Read 10708 times)

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.
*VALVE JUMPER TOOL* Easy hammer editor reset! **UPDATED!!**
« on: April 21, 2019, 08:41:05 pm »

So after THOUSANDS of hours manually stopping executables so hammer displays texture and model paths correctly I decided to create this simple tool to save all you hackmasters HOURS of headaches. ;)  Steam updates continue to glitch code in Source SDK so assets from other games many times will override the games default models and texture layouts. This resolves any issues with that and kills any executables connected to hammer and SDK allowing you to load  hammer completely FRESH. Hope this tool helps!  MultiplayerX

**UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL HAMMER COMMANDS PREVIOUSLY MISSED**
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:41:12 am by Multiplayer_X_ »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: *VALVE JUMPER TOOL* Easy hammer editor reset!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 05:43:55 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "override the games default models and texture layouts", or what this tool is supposed to do. Care to elaborate? As long as you have goldeneye.fgd only selected, you shouldn't have a problem. Haven't changed my setup in nine years and I never had any issues.

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
  • Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.Multiplayer_X_ is looked down upon.
Re: *VALVE JUMPER TOOL* Easy hammer editor reset! **UPDATED!!**
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 12:44:44 am »

The tool is a ONE CLICK solution to closing hammer and steam when nothing else works and you lose visual integrity inside the tool such as missing models, textures, etc. If you've never ported maps or used models from other valve games then YES this tool will most likely seem USELESS to you however it will save HOURS of manually stopping executables both in hammer and the mod itself to prevent in server crashes, etc. ;)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:33:07 pm »

Why are you killing taskhost / dllhost / conhost? Seems unnecessary and dangerous to be killing random Windows processes. I would advise you to remove that part. In addition, this part:

Code: [Select]
taskkill /t /f /im Steam.exe *32

does not work because you can't (and don't need to) specify *32 for 32-bit processes. Also, the @shift /0 at the top of your script seems completely unnecessary.

And finally, why are there 32- and 64-bit versions if they both do the same thing? Why are you distributing this as an exe when it could just be a batch script? (in fact it is, compiled into an exe)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:54:29 pm by soupcan »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:48:32 pm »

Create a text file on your desktop with the following line...

taskkill /F /IM hl2.exe

Now rename it "KillHL2.bat"... Or whatever name you wish to call it, as long as it has the .bat extension.
Now double click this to close Goldeneye Source (hl2.exe). Saves you going into processes.
Also, you could do what I have done and place this somewhere else, I have this bat file in my Goldeneye Source folder, you can create a shortcut for the desktop, then go to properties for the shortcut and change icon to Half Life 2 icon, saves you having that ugly batch icon on your desktop.

Multiplayer_X_

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 04:18:42 pm »

This tool may not be for everyone so my apologies to those it may not help.  ;)   It's something I made for my system and I just thought I would share for anyone with a similar configuration.

Shemp Howard

• it's Shemp!
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.
    • Twitch and youtube
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 07:02:59 pm »

Definitely thank you!
eebeebeebee
Pages: [1]   Go Up