GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:02:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [UNCONFIRMED] #1 with the Bullet  (Read 9748 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
[UNCONFIRMED] #1 with the Bullet
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:05:27 pm »

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if there is something wrong with the 1#-with-the-Bullet-achievement.
I managed to meet the requirements several times, but didn't receive the achievement yet.

These are taken from (I guess) windows-servers. (since there was no Identity-bug)
As I see it there are two possibilities:

1) a bug simply preventing players from getting the achievement - and I should be whining and flaming by now
2) the achievement-description is incomplete. Not only it must be 4+ players (which isn't shown ingame either), but your favorite weapon must be a gun (no slappers, knives or mines)

Anyway, it's quite tricky to meet both requirements on a server with standard rules (LTK -> near to impossible, YOLT -> best choice (since there is no permanent respawn each round), MWGG ~ DM=TDM -> tricky), since there are mostly 10+ players and if you're no pro-gamer killing even weirdly moving targets with a single shot taking barely any damage yourself, you would mostly just receive one of these awards with guns.
You'd either get marksmanship and die more often (since your targets shoot back at you and mostly don't even care for marksmanship themselves) while another player receives most-deadly (inflicting more damage and killing more people), because you would die more often than playing seriously or you would get most-deadly but missing marksmanship because more of your bullets would miss or merely hit your target in minor hitzones.

Additionally I've got the same problem stated here:
http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,3113.0.html

Although I tried as hard as Ruone Delacroix, it wouldn't do. (which pisses me off because I hate camping)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:47:34 pm by coolDisguise »

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: [BUG?] #1 with the Bullet
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 05:16:20 pm »

Did you play till the end of the match? While I earned #1 with the bullet at the end of a round in the middle of a match, I earned I AM INVINCIBLE and Octopussy at the end of the match for whatever reason.

Can't give any advice on #1 with the bullet, though when I got Ocotpussy there was actually a 2 minute round, so I just stayed in one spot and if anyone showed up I'd shoot them while not moving from my position.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:30:14 pm »

I'm not sure if I did every time, but I did (and do) mostly play till mapchange.
Thanks for the information, though.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:16:31 am »

Could it be that you already achieved this achievement? You can only get it once. I can certify that this one works just fine

Also, if cheats were enabled on the server at any point during play you will not be allowed to get any achievements until the next map

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
Re: [UNCONFIRMED] #1 with the Bullet
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:47:21 am »

it took me about 10 times to get that achievement too. it works i think its just finnicky

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 03:28:08 pm »

Could it be that you already achieved this achievement? You can only get it once. I can certify that this one works just fine

Also, if cheats were enabled on the server at any point during play you will not be allowed to get any achievements until the next map

No as I said, I didn't receive it yet. :-/
Interesting is your second part: I do not remember any cheats on the server but let's say the server loads some settings when the map starts (including cheats) and directly loads other settings (cheats turned off) before the first round starts you would'nt be able to get any achievements at all? (does this count for killing achievements, too?)

it took me about 10 times to get that achievement too. it works i think its just finnicky

As shown on the screens I actually met the requirements ~
(these are just 2 screens showing it, which I took after it had already happened twice)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 04:39:17 am »

Code: [Select]
	virtual void FireGameEvent( IGameEvent *event )
{
if ( Q_strcmp( event->GetName(), "round_end" ) == 0 )
{
CBasePlayer *pLocalPlayer = C_BasePlayer::GetLocalPlayer();
if (!pLocalPlayer) return;
int localid = pLocalPlayer->entindex();

// If we won both Most Deadly AND Most Accurate we win this achievement
if ( FindAwardForPlayer(event, GE_AWARD_MARKSMANSHIP, localid) && FindAwardForPlayer(event, GE_AWARD_DEADLY, localid) && CalcPlayerCount() >= 4 )
IncrementCount();
}
}

As you can see from this *ACTUAL* code, on round end it finds your player id, then sees if you won the award marksmanship and deadly in that round, and checks for 4+ players... if it satisfies you win.

Can't tell you much more than that, sorry

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:34:21 am »

just keep playin. youll get it eventually

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 05:48:24 am »

Why isn't that const int localid?  Does FindAward specifically require non-const for some ungodly reason?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:01:59 am »

its not passed as a pointer thus it can't edit the original value anyway, get off your throne heathen

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:31:09 am »

Pointer/reference status has nothing to do with it.  If the value is a constant throughout the context of the variable, it should be marked as such.

And FindAward damn well better be taking the value as a const, because otherwise you're calling FindAward two separate times using a variable as an argument that you are relying on to be constant but never made constant and gave to a function that didn't necessarily agree to keep it constant. (Because the compiler would throw if you fed a const to a function that doesn't agree to const in its signature.)  All you need is for that signature to be int&...

Learn to code, bro.  Keep this up and something weird will happen, like, I don't know, players who join a match late will be given PP7 as a favorite weapon when there was no PP7 in the loadout.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:59:36 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:39:05 am »

ive had that happen actually. been awarded fav wep rcp with slappers

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:29:35 am »

ive had that happen actually. been awarded fav wep rcp with slappers

yeah.. i have played in a pistols only ltk and my favorite weapon was RCP90... gg...

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 11:47:31 am »

Well, I didn't doubt it works sometimes, but unfortunately not for me yet.
So now that we found a possible source of errors I'm curious if it would work when patch 3.1 will be released - but I'm sure you guys can do that. :-)
Thank you again.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »

lol there is no source of error, don't listen to VC he is causing trouble for no reason
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up