GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 05:37:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to Live and Let Die Mode?  (Read 9715 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
What happened to Live and Let Die Mode?
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:48:38 pm »

i was recently replaying Goldeneye Source and i noticed that the gameplay mode Live and Let Die was missing
and yeah kinda a shame as i was looking forward to playing Dam and Depot with this gameplay mode

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Re: What happened to Live and Let Die Mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:00:54 pm »

way better mode then arsenal.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:46 pm »

!Voodoo

It was removed from 5.0 because:
(Let's play a game, i tell you three possible answers and you decide which one is the truth)

1. because it was broken and noone bothered fixing it
2. because it was to complex for the average user to understand it
3. because it was very unpopular and emptied servers whenever it turned up in rotation

Bonus: because 24/7 Arsenal 32 player servers are much better and next version will be featuring only this mode XD

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 07:36:53 pm »

!Voodoo

It was removed from 5.0 because:
(Let's play a game, i tell you three possible answers and you decide which one is the truth)

1. because it was broken and noone bothered fixing it
2. because it was to complex for the average user to understand it
3. because it was very unpopular and emptied servers whenever it turned up in rotation

Bonus: because 24/7 Arsenal 32 player servers are much better and next version will be featuring only this mode XD

I will have disagree with you on all 3 of your points. That mode is not broken in any way, shape or form. I never experienced a bug or an issue with this mode out of the 3000 hours I have played this game. Secondly, If your too stupid to either press "X" or read the on screen help then you shouldn't be allow to play the game do to your low IQ. It is like with any game. Read the damn tips and hints. It will help address simple problems you will encounter. Every time I don't read them I don't know how to the play any game properly. They are there for a reason. Thirdly, I believe it was a very popular mode and I never seen it empty a server in my life unless the new players were to lazy to understand the game mode and learn how to play it properly. I don't get why some servers only host one mode, it's quite dumb and plus your missing a ton of features that the developers worked really hard on. Forgive me troy, but this is my opinion and don't hate but Arsenal is the weakest mode in the game. If it is so popular how come only a few servers host only that mode and half the time the majority of the  servers are now emptied?
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 07:42:16 pm »

Eh Roger... You have no idea of the gamemode's state when the development of the next version started, and LALD got broken there because changes to the gamemodes' way of working had to be made.
And yes, the second point he had is valid, and if you're telling me you never saw anyone in LALD shooting at everyone but Baron with the GG, you obviously didn't play those "3000" hours, because you find this in 1 hour of playing. :)
It wasn't necessarily unpopular, but when people got eliminated, it emptied servers because they didn't understand it. Same as with YOLT, they either think they're stuck in spec mode or don't want to wait for too long.

But yes, the current state of the servers to choose from is really bad, and having Arsenal and LTK servers being the only ones active makes a lot of us dedicated players stop playing the game, which is a shame.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 03:41:10 am »

Forgive me troy, but this is my opinion and don't hate but Arsenal is the weakest mode in the game. If it is so popular how come only a few servers host only that mode and half the time the majority of the  servers are now emptied?

I think there is a common misconception about the current Arsenal game mode.  I didn't create this.  E-S took what I did and revised it.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 02:46:17 pm »

that could be sweet as i mention not long ago for the admins on those servers to do a rotation of modes instead of one single mode at all. Its very just unfortunate to see many people just playing gungame in goldeneye skin then just playing the original modes. People download the mod and the first thing they see its 2 3 servers very short active. 2 of them are totally LTK/Arsenal and the lowest ones are MWGG or DM again in my opinion Arsenal dont represent well Goldeneye Source at all.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:50:43 pm by Daisy-Fan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up