GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 08:00:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Swap game modes for active servers?  (Read 9787 times)

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
Swap game modes for active servers?
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:46 am »

From my point view for the past days, it seems Arsenal is the only most active mode at the moment in the mod. one server Arsenal has like more then 15 20+ players around evening time in east time, seem hard finding players in times for DM and MWGG. Is anyone noticed this?

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: Swap game modes for active servers?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 01:09:17 pm »

Yes. Every active server seems to be playing only LTK and Arsenal, and let me tell you - It sucks.

WNx server and others like Roadie's and TG have the typical gamemode rotation including MWGG and DM, but seems like the new players that came over with 5.0 only like Arsenal and LTK. Personally, this made me lose all the interest I had in the game.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 07:03:34 pm »

Come on boys, band together and start seeding a normal server.  It sounds like there's enough of you to keep at least one if not two active if you put the effort in.

...please do this, we spent a lot of time balancing the gameplay for the normal modes so I'd love to see those get more attention.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 08:05:05 pm »

ES, its pretty much harder when most of the people join up and iterally keep stomped every single gunfight because of how the Armor play a big role in DM and MWGG, most of them just keep quitting, I just could probably Suggest for servers admits a DM Mod with No Armor at all. Doing 75-15 or plus isn't much of an achivement anymore imo.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:55:02 pm »

The strat is generally to not go full tryhard until the server is full.  Just handicap yourself somehow and chat with people. focusing down the other tryhards who do not want to use the strat.

There's Dr.No Armor and Dr.No Health gamemodes available to run if server admins really feel the armor is that potent, but honestly there's just a learning curve with the game that's going to always give experienced players an edge.  If you want random players to stay in a server you need to go lightly on them while they figure things out.

If you don't want to bother with that you could have a tryhards only club or something too, I've seen this sentiment expressed by a lot of different people so there has to be enough of you for it.  You probably couldn't have an active server all the time but you could meet up during the evenings instead of all going "dangit, there's no-one playing real GoldenEye right now" and closing the game.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

telmarine

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • telmarine is a rising star!telmarine is a rising star!telmarine is a rising star!telmarine is a rising star!telmarine is a rising star!telmarine is a rising star!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 04:30:57 pm »

It is starting to get disappointing how difficult it is to get a non-arsenal or non-LTK game in. Every week it shrinks it seems. Deathmatch is my favorite mode, but Living Daylights (especially with teams!) and capture the flag are fun too. Very under represented right ow.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:52:56 pm by telmarine »

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 12:12:59 pm »

I feel the same, Gungame is a good feature i'm not against it, its just annoying how the main gore mode of the mod its not much popular. This is a good version of the mod. totally could love to see more people getting into it.

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 02:47:01 am »

I enjoy playing a variety of game types, especially DM and MWGG, but agree too many of the populated servers at any given time are Arsenal, LTK, or locked/private.

It takes people hopping into a 0/16 server and being patient, and then it takes 2-3 more to join that person. Then before you know it there's 10-12 in there having a great time - but it doesn't happen if no one takes 10 minutes to sit in an empty server!
Pages: [1]   Go Up