GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 03:38:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypothetical, what would a modern take on Citadel look like?  (Read 6679 times)

Rukifellth

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Rukifellth has no influence.
Hypothetical, what would a modern take on Citadel look like?
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:41:31 am »

With an as twisted level as Citadel, what would a modern take on it look like?

I can begin with an idea of mine:

Some favour the concept of it looking like an aztec temple what with the pyramid like top floor, but what if it was styled after Blofeld's lair from YOLT?

he central pyramid structure would serve as the volcano with the interior being the fake crater as seen in the movie, the surrounding areas would be some jungle bases structures and ruins, and the basement would be simhilair in style to the interior of the volcano lair but with the base structure of the Citadel stage.

What are your ideas?

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
Re: Hypothetical, what would a modern take on Citadel look like?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:38:16 pm »

The volcano lair from YOLT NEEDS to be made. If I knew how to map design I would add a little easter egg where Ken Adam is sitting on Blofeld's chair. Anyway, a Golden Gate Bridge, the FRWL train, the museum from TLD and most importantly the underground section from the Russian atomic energy thing in TWINE would make good multiplayer sections. Unfortunately, nobody has recognized their potential (or nobody cared enough to be created) and thus haven't been created yet.

mabeenot

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mabeenot has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:25:52 am »

Agree on YOLT lair, Golden Gate bridge from AVTAK, and some sort of train map (there are at least four films I can think of for inspiration, not including this mod's namesake).

But what about... Fort Knox from Goldfinger (Nightfire attempted this), the Piz Gloria from OHMSS, the oil rig from DAF, Atlantis from TSWLM (again, Nightfire tried this), the monastery on a rock from FYEO, or the Skyfall mansion from the eponymous film?

Of course, who's actually going to take the time to make any of these?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 05:04:17 am »

i think it would be like a funhouse version crossed with Statue (especially the skybox)
but yeah i would love to see GoldenGate Bridge made, Blofelds Lair and i think the skyrail map from The World is Not Enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up