GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 07:08:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Sourcemod admin mod is now broken with new 4.1 update  (Read 5733 times)

Ghoststriker192

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ghoststriker192 has no influence.
[BUG] Sourcemod admin mod is now broken with new 4.1 update
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:38:43 am »

Hi I just recently upgraded my server along with my fellow friends o the new 4.1 problem is now when ever you do any player commands eg: Slay, kick , ban etc it freezes the server and crashes. Now map changes etc are fine but anything player related locks up both machines and finally crashes the server, both servers are running windows server 2008 on the most updated server files version 4.1. Both machines have fresh copies of the files and the most up to date of source mod and meta mod.

cheers,
Ghostly
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:09:54 pm by Ghoststriker192 »

Ghoststriker192

• Agent
  • Ghoststriker192 has no influence.
Re: Sourcemod admin mod is now broken with new 4.1 update
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:07:33 pm »

Anybody experience this? I would assume it has something to do with the way source mod hooks itself into the game. Player actions through rcon works perfectly fine so i Assume its a fault of the 3rd party addon source mod. I have yet to test it with mani mod but I am reluctant to do so as mani mod has some severe exploits. I have had several servers compromised in the few years when i ran mani mod as it is very easy to obtain rcon access and system access with the buffer bug in mani mod. Although I am very impressed with the new out of beta update. I will look into it further to see why sourcemod is acting weird. As a lot of other server owners run source mod as the main admin addon for Goldeneye source.

Cheers
Ghostly

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Sourcemod admin mod is now broken with new 4.1 update
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »

We never tested Sourcemod during development cause we want a pure test of the game, and not 3rd party related bugs. But now that were released we can offer support. We have many team members who own v4.1 servers(WNx,{TG},E-S-S,Spectrum, along with all our official launch servers). We'll start to test reasons for this and try to get a fix here soon if we can find it.

But if you find the issue, please report back and we can offer our support. Check back soon, we'll be working on this fast to try to get this fixed.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:58:02 pm »

There is another bug in sm when the round ends it does a ge_teamplay command causing the round to do a no scores restart.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 10:31:49 pm »

I was just thinking of that last night, now when a admin runs a changemap command, it can run the new command and show the scores before just changing map. I like that a lot.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:19 am »

Hi I just recently upgraded my server along with my fellow friends o the new 4.1 problem is now when ever you do any player commands eg: Slay, kick , ban etc it freezes the server and crashes.
just move sourcemod/plugins/funcommands.smx to the "disabled" folder and you should be fine.

There is another bug in sm when the round ends it does a ge_teamplay command causing the round to do a no scores restart.
Weird, thought this bug was from ges itself... dont think there is any ge_* command embedded in sm :/

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 12:17:46 pm »

Well, I could think of a possibility how this CAN happen with crappy coded pointers (which would be in SM then)...

If you have an array named Text like ["Title", "Hello World"] and you hardcode shit like
Print Text[1];
because you basically want to print out "Hello World", it works as long as no one touches your array.
But if someone goes like
Text.Insert(1, "Random Bullshit");
and then you call
Print Text[1];
assuming you'll get your "Hello World" you'll just get "Random Bullshit".

So what I'm saying is: maybe SM sets the value for a standard field that is queued somewhere, always at the same position, to change its value. Now GE: S has more fields causing the field that is called normally to change its place in the queue, the pointer now goes to ge_teamplay instead. It doesn't break anything yet, if the value isn't really changed.

Let's assume ge_teamplay is a property, so there's additional code carried out when its value is assigned:
public ge_teamplay{ get {return m_ge_teamplay;} set {m_ge_teamplay = value; doSomeStuff();}}

this is where it gets interesting.(if m_ge_teamplay is the private field storing the variable) Because basically doSomeStuff() can reset the scores or be anything. SM doesn't know about, it just sets a value - apparently for no reason, because the teamplay mode isn't activated when it wasn't before or deactivated when it was activated before.

Then a workaround would be to check if (m_ge_teamplay == value) and skip that part or break;.

Nonetheless it'd be a strange behaviour for SM to set a variable it doesn't need to by requesting a collection of all fields.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:33:38 pm by coolDisguise »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 06:35:35 pm »

Can someone zip up their server's sourcemod folder and send it to me so I can analyze why this is happening?

Thanks

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 09:45:26 pm »

I actually saw this occur on a server that had no sourcemod installed. It seemed to be attempting to balance the teams (isn't there a built-in team balance in GE:S?)

But I can confirm there were no external plugins on the server as I set it up yesterday.I have a feeling it has something to do with ge_autoteam... as it does the same thing when gameplay transitions from deathmatch to teamplay.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:48:07 pm »

I actually saw this occur on a server that had no sourcemod installed.
I got the same feedback as well.

psychonic

• Agent
  • psychonic has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 04:47:24 pm »

If someone files a bug on the SourceMod bug tracker, I'll update the necessary gamedata files for the new release to be available in an SM snapshot version. If you're a member of the AlliedModders forum, you can use your forum email (not username) and password to log in.
HLstatsX Community Edition - Free HLstatsX version supporting GE:S and much more
http://www.hlxcommunity.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up