GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:12:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Troy's Bug Thread  (Read 13109 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Troy's Bug Thread
« on: December 09, 2010, 07:54:36 pm »

While playing this map on a public server, I have noticed that the grate doors by the gas tanks armor will not open.  I found out that while standing or putting a mine on the right grate and letting the round end, causes it not to function the next round.  The grate door remains broken the entire match.  I tried doing the same thing with the left grate door.  I made this one glitchy but it still worked.  I also noticed on one occasion the round ended, and the grate came up and killed me.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Facility Backzone grate doors
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 08:18:29 pm »

Aww booboo.  :D

All the map entities are conspiring against you.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 10:08:10 pm »

This is caused by model-brush synchronization loss, which can be credited to valves wonderful entity programming.  Not sure if it's been addressed as it's something so minor, but we've known about this for quite some time.

However, thanks for notifying us of it.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 10:40:23 pm »

I believe your above comments are unnecessary.  I am trying to help the mod, and Jimbo suggested I should post a thread here.  This just goes to show you the maturity level of some of those in the community.

Judging by your -6 reputation I wouldn't peg you as the most mature person either, but hey appearances can be deceiving.

Sorry for your troubles, but not sure where to even start debugging this one.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »

To further explain the problem Storm and I did some testing.  I had him stand on the right grate until the round ended.  When the round restarted, it was broken.  We tried doing this with the left grate, but it still worked.

Next we threw mines on the right grate, and I had him stand up there until there was 1 second left to keep it open.  I then had him back up.  The round restarted and the grate was broken.  Again, we tried this with the left grate and we couldn't break it.  Instead, it came up and killed us both.

I hope these pictures will help you out Killer Monkey.  I love how you judge my -6 reputation when you don't even know me. ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:55:14 pm by Troy »

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 10:54:50 pm »

Interesting. I will make a note to add a logic_auto to fire some outputs to try to fight against this, though this should be a rare occurrence in normal gameplay. A possible 'fix' won't be until after 4.1 since everything is locked down, and this assuming I get to it.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 10:58:00 pm »

Oh I know you! :-)

Yah this sounds like a weird interaction between the round restart process (which resets all entities to their original level configurations save a few select ones (such as players, gamerules, etc.)) and the entity itself not properly accepting triggers after a blockage.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

It is not a rare occurrence in public servers.  I have dealt with this bug several times and finally took to time to figure out why it was doing it.  I believe there is another cause for this issue.  These were just two ideas I had in mind.

Troy

• 00 Agent
Troy's Bug Thread
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 12:07:30 am »

This door gets stuck a lot.  The door remains halfway open while trying to close.  I can't open or close the door when this happens.  Storm and I tried to replicate the bug by standing in the doorway, putting mines, and by rolling the nearby gray canisters into the doorway.  Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: [BUG] Facility Backzone lab door
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 12:10:36 am »

Yeah, I've experienced this too. I don't really remember it, but there is definitely something weird with that door.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:07:28 am by major »

Troy

• 00 Agent
[BUG] Runway hanger door controls
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 02:10:38 am »

I think there are some issues with these controls.  I stood at the controls and had Storm open the hanger door.  The open on the screen did not flash.  A few seconds later, the door closed.  The close on the screen did not flash.

Afterwards, I opened the hanger door by using the controls.  The open flashed on the screen.

A few seconds later, the door closed on its own.  The close flashed on the screen.

As a final test, I tried to use the controls to close the door.  It would not work.  I think it would be best to be able to close the hanger door from here once it has been opened all the way.  This way, someone can not continually open and close the door from the controls.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:18:38 am by Troy »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] Runway hanger door controls
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 02:20:37 am »

It's nothing but a minor aesthetic issue. What displays on the screen is just a sequence of 4 images. It has no effect on the operation of the door, and no effect on performance or gameplay. It's about as negligable as a 'bug' can get...

Are there going to be many more of these? I don't wish to be captain obvious here, but you're posting erratically about problems with Beta 4.0 when v4.1 is scheduled to come out within the next 24 hours....
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Troy

• 00 Agent
Re: [BUG] Runway hanger door controls
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 02:24:37 am »

Are there going to be many more of these? I don't wish to be captain obvious here, but you're posting erratically about problems with Beta 4.0 when v4.1 is scheduled to come out within the next 24 hours....
If I can think of anymore problems, there will be more.

Troy

• 00 Agent
Re: Troy's Bug Thread
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 05:23:07 am »

This ladder in Caverns is buggy.  You have to look up at the ceiling for it to work.  If you try the one opposite, it will work looking directly at it.  I think most players will have problems getting it to work.

If you walk to the left of the ladder, you will do an unexpected jump for no reason.  I have found this a few times around the map.

I got stuck here after crouch jumping.  I've been told there are numerous places where you can get stuck.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:55:13 am by Troy »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Troy's Bug Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 05:55:24 am »

Your rep just grinded to -33.
And uh the unexpected jump is... Normal in the source engine. Everytime you come next to a "wall, block, brush, whatever" and you are at the surface of the water, You will automatically jump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up