GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:58:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brightness problem, and another question  (Read 15306 times)

Game_Master001

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Game_Master001 has no influence.
Brightness problem, and another question
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:12:40 pm »

My screen has brightness and contrast to the max, and in GESource I have set its brightness to the max. Still, I can't read those lines in the black box (it isn't my screen as it produced everything as bright as it should be, and it aren't my eyes either), and levels like Temple are too dark to play. How do I get it brighter?

I think there's more wrong. When I set up a server, in the first tab I can choose the map, and in the second tab I can't select anything (it's empty in there). Is this supposed to happen?
Also when going in the server, I can only choose to spectate, to randomly choose something, and choose between 2 teams (M16 and Janus). I should be able to select a gametype and my character, right?

And is it possible adding bots? There are but few servers and they're all empty.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: Brightness problem, and another question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »

How do I get it brighter?
I tried to have something brighter as well. Haven't found something working though.

I think there's more wrong. When I set up a server, in the first tab I can choose the map, and in the second tab I can't select anything (it's empty in there). Is this supposed to happen?
Yes

I should be able to select a gametype and my character, right?
Nonono... Ges isn't TF2 ;) you just get the right things. As for you character, press N while playing. But it will only change your skin, nothing else. Gametype is determined by the server.

And is it possible adding bots? There are but few servers and they're all empty.
Theres no bot support. And theres always a server with players after 6 or 7 PM GMT. :)

Game_Master001

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:03 pm »

Now I see. Never mind about the gametype question, I thought I saw some Team DM servers but I guess I was wrong.
About the tabs, I found it weird one was completely empty, but it seems it should be that way.

About the bots question I asked, I found a video on Youtube of someone playing GESource with bots. How did he do that then? As it doesn't look fake to me, and it looks exactly the same as GESource, so there has to be a way, right?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:09:11 am »

I thought I saw some Team DM servers
There are

About the tabs, I found it weird one was completely empty
Remember: this is only a beta :)

About the bots question I asked, I found a video on Youtube of someone playing GESource with bots. How did he do that then? As it doesn't look fake to me, and it looks exactly the same as GESource, so there has to be a way, right?
I guess you can add some. But they will never have any AI...

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 09:49:19 am »

I guess you can add some. But they will never have any AI...
Right, course for Bot AI there have to be special entities in the maps which guides them.
Otherwise they will be lost. As far as i know, there isn't a single AI entity in the maps.
If they were there, maybe it would work, but i see no need for Bots in GE:S.

Game_Master001

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:08:03 pm »

I'm fine with bots that get lost, at least I'll be able to play GESource then when there are empty servers. So how can I add them?

So, there's normal DM and Team DM (or only Team DM? If so, the rest of this question is useless)? What exactly do you mean with "gametype is set by the server" then? Does the server simply pick a mode out of random (if you're the one setting up the server), or do you have some control over it? And if so, how?

Anyway, thanks for the answers so far, and sorry for the questions. I'm new to HL2, so I don't know most of the basics. Especially since this is a mod for HL2.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:51:14 pm »

I'm fine with bots that get lost, at least I'll be able to play GESource then when there are empty servers. So how can I add them?
Well, playing against NPC isn't that good, but against NPC that will just stand in the spawn point is rather cheap. Would wait for a player or two to play, but, huh:
in the console:
Code: [Select]
sv_cheats 1
bot_add
sv_cheats 0

So, there's normal DM and Team DM (or only Team DM? If so, the rest of this question is useless)? What exactly do you mean with "gametype is set by the server" then? Does the server simply pick a mode out of random (if you're the one setting up the server), or do you have some control over it? And if so, how?
In GES, there are: DM, Team DM, LTK, MWTGG (man w/ the golden gun), and YOLT (you only live twice, not supported on the last version, (yet?)).
And, yea, gameplay works like in most of the HL2 related games: just a few ConVAR (a kind of setting server sided). In the server console, enter:
ge_ltk X, ge_teamplay X, ge_goldengun X. X being a boolean variable.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:54:16 pm by Doc.NO »

Game_Master001

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:14:39 pm »

I noticed that the bots don't do anything indeed. They don't even use their slappers. In the video I saw, the bots moved and attacked. I guess you don't know how to do that? I downloaded something that brings supports for HL2:DM, but it didn't work for GESource unfortunately.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 05:48:11 pm »

In the video I saw, the bots moved and attacked.
About the bots question I asked, I found a video on Youtube of someone playing GESource with bots.
Could you give us a link to that video? Would be helpful.

Game_Master001

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 10:26:24 pm »

This is it. There is a bot just standing still indeed, but many times I see more than 3 characters moving around. Unless he lied in the description, this means he managed to get bots to move around and shoot.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 11:13:26 pm »

aga!
Spawnkilling in the Pre-Beta

Game_Master001

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 02:36:48 pm »

"Pre" means "before", right? So, there was bot support in the pre-beta, but not in the beta?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 04:16:31 pm »

you gat it :)

Game_Master001

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 04:26:24 pm »

I see. I downloaded the alpha version (on evenings I always play online games with friends or family, which I don't wanna skip for gesource (I'm the only one with HL2)), and when I try and create a server it says "Unable to load authentication library, Exiting...". I've tried reinstalling, which didn't fix the problem.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:33 pm »

http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_Client&direction=prev&oldid=4519 , "Installing with HL2DM" paragraph

Sadly, no one plays this version.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up