GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 04:56:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of Suggestions  (Read 4819 times)

GexiZZle

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GexiZZle is looked down upon.
Couple of Suggestions
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:43:02 pm »

Okay I have been playing this game for a bit and I notice MANY things wrong. But also many good. Here are my suggestions.

First of all, do headshots do more damage? sometimes it seems like it doesnt.

Bringing us to suggestions one.
1. Make headshots worth more damage. I dont think they do enough.
2. Make it easier to kill people! Its almost like sometimes its not even a matter of skill. Its just who has a better gun and can shoot faster.
3. Obviously fix the lag, which Im sure they already know.

Well those are it for now. Im sure I will think of some later.

Thanks.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Couple of Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:32:26 am »

The limb/body/head ratio for most weapons is 1:2:4.  Shotguns' range is 1 to 4, though arms and chest get an extra 50%, so it is really 1:1.5:2:3:4.  Knife is at 2:2:4 because 1x limbs made melee feel too random.  Slap is a 1:2:3 ratio.  (Head slap is the same as knife limb/body.)

Shooting faster does not beat shooting more accurately.  Remember that seven aimed PP7 strikes can do 350% damage, while a fully-spammed magazine of RCP90 drilled into someone's arm will do about 225%.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

GexiZZle

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:00:03 am »

mmkay well that clears some things up. But many people, including me, believe that it is just a little to hard to kill someone. You wouldnt have to make it too big of a difference. But it still does take quite a while to kill someone. Where it doesnt take that long in the n64 version. at least not to my memory.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:35:25 am »

What you "believe" and what is reality are two separate things. Just keep playing the game, practice AIMING and SHORT BURSTS and you should start to see your scores increase dramatically, much like the N64 game.

GexiZZle

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:00:15 am »

what i believe and many others. But i also know how to play the game and i do get good scores. I also know how to play games. I used to play CAL-O dod 1.3.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:51:40 am »

"I also know how to play games. I used to play CAL-O dod 1.3. "

Oh shit, CAL-O.  I used to play CAL-O CS:S, quick, let me defend my video game honor, too.  I don't want anyone to think I'm a "noob" or a "poser" just because Goldeneye Source uses a damage rate balancing system that no FPS's other than Goldeneye and its derivatives (PD, Timesplitters 2) use and I'm not used to handling it.

Seriously, if you want to understand Goldeneye combat, play a Mega Man game for a while.  That's much closer to Goldeneye than any PC FPS is.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:53:55 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

RenegadeBoss

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:35 pm »

Heh, damage seems fine to me. The Klobb is a weak weapon as it always was and head shots are spot on for me most the time.

The only thing I think that should be addressed in the grouping of some of auto weapons' bullets over distance but that's not really that big of a deal unless you play LTK on Cradle.

GexiZZle

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 12:36:09 am »

LOL, saying you were CAL-O at CS:S isnt saying much. Game as easy as hell. but anyway, I also realize its a different game and a different way to play it. But me and many others think the damage if off. but whatever.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 02:40:02 am »

There seems to be some bullshit dribbling out the corner of your mouth.

If you want people to die quicker, play LTK like the 'hardcore pros'. Also, last time I checked, lag was not a fixable entity.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:43:25 am by Sergeant Kelly »

GexiZZle

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 04:47:38 am »

1. Thats fucking nasty.
2. I dont care
3. If you arent completely retarded, you would notice that you skip around often when you play this game. My friends agree.
4. This game is dead anyway, i dont know why we are discussing this.

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 04:52:07 am »

You brought it up you sore sport.
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 04:56:58 am »

The "skipping around" bug present in Beta 3.x has been removed in Beta 4, it was a problem with Valve's SDK code. (This has been stated multiple times)

Also, the mod is far from dead. While our community got destroyed by that post-beta 3 server problem (which was valve's fault), the dev team is very active with lots of new content being added daily for the next release.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 06:40:30 am »

Indeed, what you believe and what is reality are completely different things, despite having other friends with the same beliefs.

I recall hearing that the damage dealt by everything is matched with GE007 (with the exceptions of Klobb, RC-P90 and Auto-Shotty to compensate), so I don't see how killing things is more difficult due to the MOD itself. I would say it's more along the lines of how well you're controlling your own gun with a keyboard and mouse, as well as new environments, and perhaps even different tactics in the PC atmosphere.

That, or if you haven't played GE007 in a long time, your memory could just be kicking your ass.

I also don't know where you get the idea that the MOD is even remotely dead, what with recent posts under News & Announcement and Development Media (speaking of which, wouldn't mind some B4 news and announcements...), among other things scattered around the net.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:46:51 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 11:19:08 am »

Weapons with modified damage are as follows.
Klobb: +25%
Shotgun: +25%
Automatic Shotgun: +33.3%
Bishop Sniper Rifle: +40%
Slaps: +50%

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 01:18:12 pm »

This post has turned into a trolls lair, locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up