GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:16:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Tournament DM v2  (Read 19704 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
[Gameplay] Tournament DM v2
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:43:41 am »

Tournament DM v2

Description

This is an improved version of the original with a pop out box that shows the frag limit on spawn, a cvar to display frag messages with sounds, capping the frag limit 100, and code revisions.

Link

Removed since this game mode is included with GE:S 4.2.3.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:53:13 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Gameplay] Tournament DM v2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:08 pm »

This modification has just received an update.

@KM take note.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:29:14 pm by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:20:19 am »

I've changed this game mode to only start with a minimum of 2 on 2.  Team spawns are on and I don't want someone mistakenly playing 1 on 1 with it.  The above link has been updated.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:34 pm »

In the event of the frag limit being 1, a problem has come to my attention.  The first blood message will be printed but it will never print the Team name has won the match.  In the event of the frag limit being set to 2, 3, or 4, the frags left would not be printed properly.

This has been corrected.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:30:39 pm by Troy »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:06:05 pm »

Keep Up The Good Work Troy!!! :D
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »

Thanks for the support.

I've implemented some things from an example KM sent me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:42:21 am by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:16:04 pm »

I moved the PrintFragMessages call to legit kill and removed the score set to 1 for first blood.  That way, the first person to get the first legit kill will trigger the frag messages which will cause the first blood message.

I also just implemented a fix when a player throws a grenade and goes spectator, it will no longer print an incorrect frag message.

As long as I don't find anymore bugs, this game mode is finalized.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:27:47 am by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 05:30:12 am »

@KM, I gave you permission to use my version of this code.  You told me that there are now two versions.  I don't like this as this is my work.  The above version is bug free and works as I intended it to.  Hence this is what you should be using in 4.2.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:48:01 am by Troy »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 03:18:51 pm »

I am using your version, but in the process to upgrading to v4.2 I added some of our new stuff like the standardized warmup timer and better cvar handling....

what I meant by two version is that I cannot just simply copy/paste fixes anymore, I have to make sure it doesn't break the 4.2 stuff...

relax. I could simply NOT use it as well, so don't get all huffy.

Also, when you "finalize" a script that means its DONE. I don't have unlimited time prior to the 4.2 release to keep putting changes into your code.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:21:48 pm by killermonkey »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 05:52:48 pm »

I am using your version, but in the process to upgrading to v4.2 I added some of our new stuff like the standardized warmup timer and better cvar handling....
That's no big deal.

what I meant by two version is that I cannot just simply copy/paste fixes anymore, I have to make sure it doesn't break the 4.2 stuff...
Ah okay, this was a misunderstanding.

Also, when you "finalize" a script that means its DONE.
Sometimes you think something is done.  Then you realize there is a bug or two.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »

Sometimes you think something is done.  Then you realize there is a bug or two.

So don't create the bug.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 02:45:29 am »

I don't intentionally create bugs Proxie.  I find them later on when I think about a situation and what the outcome will be.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 06:22:49 am »

It has come to my attention that when the frag limit is set below either of the team's total scores, the round restarts, the round begins, the new pop up help is shown and then the match ends.  The match should just end.  This has been corrected.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:30 am »

For the BTs and Devs, here is a version for 4.2 KM and I made:

(Link removed)

Note - This file differs from what is included with the latest RC.  Testing would be appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:39:25 am by Troy »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 08:12:14 am »

nice work, runs good so far
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:15:04 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 06:41:46 pm »

Cool, should be done then.  It's such a simple script.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »

I've added a cfg file to the download link.  I'm unsure if "ge_showenemyteams 0" will work for 4.2.  That's what KM had so I will leave it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:56:49 pm by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 02:45:20 am »

The first post has been updated with a new 4.2 version.  This is a combination of the version KM sent me and mine.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:55:55 am by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 06:05:08 am »

I will recode this game mode ASAP for the upcoming patch.  I don't have anything else planned after doing this.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 10:08:13 pm »

Reworked

Old

If the frag limit is set below a team's score, the round would end.  If a late attendance kill was scored, it would print a negative frag message.

New

I've set the LateAttendance boolean to true anytime the match ends.  This prevents negative frag messages.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 09:55:50 pm »

I've updated the download link.  I've changed the script from tournamentdm2 to tournamentdm.  The reason being is this will replace the current tournament mode.  The game mode now uses localization.  This now belongs to the GE:S team. :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:26:23 am by Troy »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up