GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:15:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamic Vertex Buffer Size Error  (Read 3787 times)

xilefian

Dynamic Vertex Buffer Size Error
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:33:59 pm »

This error occurred as I switched on the flash light whilst aiming at some boxes on Archives (Flash light worked until then)

My computer is capable of running the mod perfectly fine (Full graphics, 70-100 FPS)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Dynamic Vertex Buffer Size Error
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:21:43 am »

Can you please provide some more information.
Which boxes where you aiming at from which direction and distance? (there are a lot of boxes in Archives you know)
I doubt it's related to the flashlight.
My bet, there's could be a spot on this map which causes a huge ammount of portals to be rendered at once. To many for the engine.
I've seen this message only once before on Runway when i was high above the map with noclip and looked down so allmost the whole map had to be drawn.

xilefian

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:50:09 pm »

Can you please provide some more information.
Which boxes where you aiming at from which direction and distance? (there are a lot of boxes in Archives you know)
I doubt it's related to the flashlight.
My bet, there's could be a spot on this map which causes a huge ammount of portals to be rendered at once. To many for the engine.
I've seen this message only once before on Runway when i was high above the map with noclip and looked down so allmost the whole map had to be drawn.
You said it yourself, there's loads of boxes, I can't remember which ones, had to spend 20 minutes looking up the map name.

The error happened the instant I pressed the flash-light button.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:32:53 am »

You need to provide some computer specs. CPU, Graphics Card, Operating System, etc.

As far as I am concerned this is not a problem with the mod. In fact I have never seen this vertex message during all my development time. I know exactly what it means, but I am very wary of WHY it is coming up.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 06:14:18 am »

I've seen this error multiple times. Some are achives and on other maps.Seems to happen on larger maps. Got it on Dam a handful of times.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:20:14 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:20:06 am »

This isn't ge:s bug exactly, it is just mapper specific. Unless you provide the exact spot of where it happened (since it has to do with how many vertices are visible on the screen), this cannot be fixed by the mappers at all. This can happen in all source mods due to engine limits. It happened in Dragonball: Source too when I used to map since you were able to view large amounts of the map at one time (rendering many vertices). Give us a screenshot, and Inverted will see what he can do. If you don't, it won't get fixed.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up