GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:26:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hammer in low quality  (Read 6987 times)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
Hammer in low quality
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:54:35 pm »

Since Steam updates yesterday I have a big problem of quality on Hammer of Source SDK. Someone has an idea how to fix problem?
In the worst case would there a way to downgrade the updates?
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Hammer in low quality
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:03:16 pm »

I hate to be that guy, but maybe it's a Windows 8 issue?

I have that same problem when I run Hammer under VMware fusion on my Mac, I actually have to boot into Windows 7 and I always assumed it was a graphics driver issue. I assume you tried the obvious like verifying game cache, rebuilding SDK content, etc?
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:34:25 pm »

I experience the same issue on a machine with Win7 and Intel graphics, but not with Nvidia. I'd guess either it's a hardware/driver issue or he needs to change something in the driver's CP.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 02:21:19 am »

I have that same problem when I run Hammer under VMware fusion on my Mac, I actually have to boot into Windows 7 and I always assumed it was a graphics driver issue. I assume you tried the obvious like verifying game cache, rebuilding SDK content, etc?
I try to reinstall any things but no change. It's definitly steam the problem. When i try the beta last week and i had the same issue. I reinstall all steam without beta and work properly. But this week with the new update the problem was be back.

I will try with Windows 7 i have a dual boot to try ;)

With W7 same problem :/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:31:36 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »

I see this video in past but it's doesn't work today...
http://www.youtube.com/v/RBE_9_nVaCk?version=3
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:33:53 pm by FReXx »
Released maps:

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 09:33:14 am »

Am I the only one who has this problem here?
Does everyone here uses this method to run hammer for goldeneye? http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,2954.0.html
Released maps:
Pages: [1]   Go Up