GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:18:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii Update  (Read 31628 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Goldeneye Wii Update
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 02:13:40 pm »

I own a Wii because it has games that will NEVER EVER EVER come out on the PC. Period. If you own any other console and a gaming computer you are an idiot.

You can say that for most consoles.
There are game series that are bound to certain consoles (e.g. Metal Gear (except for I and II on NES), Final Fantasy (except for I-VI on NES/SNES) and Gran Turismo for PS consoles, (most) Halo titles for XBox/Xbox360 (except for I and II on PC) and Mario games for Nintendo consoles (except for Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine on PC).
So if you like a certain series and want to play it, you're bound to buy the corresponding console - which isn't only the Wii.

Also, Wii games are usually cheaper ($10-$15) than any other console.

That might be because they look (in terms of graphics) inferior to other consoles - so people would basically be thinking: "Why buy a certain game on the Wii (resp. buying a Wii for a certain game) if it was a game, that's also on another console looking way better there?"
An example would be Ghostbusters which came out for DS, PS2 and Wii coded by another developer team than for Xbox360 and PS3, which points towards the Wii's limitations (on top of that the Wii/PS2 Ghostbuster game has some bad gameplay elements to it, that make it less enjoyable compared to the other versions by the other developer team). So if we're talking "NextGen" the Wii isn't all that NextGen at all. It has it's own special input devices, though.
Still it feels to me as if they put all their money in that in the beginning and still the Wiimote without MotionPlus is a pain in the ass. I'd rather use a classic controller most of the time.

This is where the Wii _STILL_ shines. Lemme list the games I have played with my friends in crazy 4-person mayhem: Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports.

None of those games are available anywhere else and they all are amazing. Seriously, quit hating on the graphics that does not, and will NEVER, make a game GREAT.

I have to agree with you about the graphics not being able to turn a shitty game great.
Yet 3/4 of the games you mentioned are from the Mario series that started way back on another console (SNES, N64, NES respectively), proving my first statement. As for Mario Kart and Smash Brothers (well that's just my opinion) I prefer the older versions because of some aspects. Nevertheless, there's no doubt that also the Wii has good games, e.g. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (despite outdated water effects and some aliasing effects) is just fun to play and makes perfect use of the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 12:45:44 am »

This is where the Wii _STILL_ shines. Lemme list the games I have played with my friends in crazy 4-person mayhem: Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports.
Amen. Just today, in between the World Cup matches, we booted up the Wii and played a few hours of Brawl until the footy was back on. Wii Sports is still one of my favourite play-when-your-drunk games, and MK is still a solid racer, one of the best around.

I never liked people using the GE name to sell games - Rogue Agent was a poor show in my opinion. But this time I'm going to hold judgement until I see anything. It's not a port, more like a total remake, so if they can at least instill half of the awesomeness of GE64, with the Wii remotes I could see this being a great laugh with mates.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 09:52:06 pm »

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:23:41 pm by Storm101 »

MasterChief2829

• Agent
  • MasterChief2829 has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:44 pm »

Wow the XBLA remake was way better... why did they have to shut that down, for this? They remade the game, and... wtf. *shakes head*

They aren't using RARE's game code, they totally remade the game, which is how they are getting away with this. Also, No Peirce Brosnan Bond. Daniel Craig = Goldeneye Bond now. lmao.

I'll play it and have fun hopefully, but in terms of bringing the classic back, this is not it. It's like a different take on Goldeneye.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:04:54 pm by MasterChief2829 »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 09:58:17 pm »

Well fuck me. Not going to lie, looks kinda cool. Can see it's not going to folllow the old story 100%, but I like how it looks like the original.

We'll see what it's like when it comes out. Might have to drive to my moms and play it in her wii (you all have dirty minds).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:59:58 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 10:08:54 pm »

Looks like it could still be fun actually... But they gave Jaws a moustache?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 10:09:48 pm »

looks interesting to me, although it seems to be a game with daniel craig in the main goldeneye storyline..? what the hell..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:14:16 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 10:16:51 pm »

They keep taking it off of YouTube. I guess we'll have to wait until a site like GameTrailers puts it up to see it again.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »

GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 10:28:13 pm »

It looks good graphics and sound-wise, but I don't like it. You can't take a game that had an original character...Pierce...and change it to the newest Bond. Where's the PP7? It just doesn't work...But if it does come out, I may buy it.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »

I think they changed it to Craig and altered Jaws' appearance for the same reason Rare couldn't use All Bonds in GE's multiplayer back in the day. Doesn't bother me, personally.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 10:34:01 pm »

Fuck, I need a Wii right away. >.<
Although I did avoid consoles lately and especially the Wii (because most titles aren't that appealing to me and in terms of graphics... - you know, it's already been discussed).
Despite having Craig as Bond (I'm so hoping they'll change that for someone who actually looked and behaved like Bond was supposed to look and behave) this looks very promising, although they seem to have either added or changed some things in there.
I just can't wait to try it out - if it even makes its way to Germany.

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 12:04:30 pm »

Looks kinda cool...but Daniel Craig? Bad start.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 02:24:57 pm »

I'm getting a 404.
Looks as if they took it down again.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »

The trailer is also available here, for those who'd like to have a look at it:

http://www.nintendo-online.de/news/6239/e3-2010-goldeneye-007-bestaetigt-trailer/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up